Can anyone showcase...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Can anyone showcase their website that uses the cross post addon for WPForo?

26 Posts
12 Users
11 Likes
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I'm looking at adding the cross post addon to WPForo, but I'd like to see some "real world" examples of how this works, rather than the screenshots on the gVectors website.

Thanks in advance. 

Posted : 23/03/2018 3:04 pm
Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: Wendell

https://rplstoday.com/blog/2018/02/27/nsps-ngs-rpls-today-geoid18/

🙂

Thank you! Have you found it helps overall engagement? 

I'm considering using the addon because I get a lot of comments that would be better served if my forum members could see and reply to it easily. This seems to fill in that gap.

Posted : 23/03/2018 3:43 pm
(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member
Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Posted by: VeganOstomy

Thank you! Have you found it helps overall engagement? 

Actually, no, not really. I was hoping it would make a difference, but I don't think it does. But this might just be my particular experience, because most of my users are 50 years old or older and they are stuck in their ways of using the forum only.

Posted : 26/03/2018 8:01 pm
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Here's mine 🙂

Just bought this addon as I'm hoping to increase engagement with some of the articles I've written

https://www.phenomlab.com/alliance/strategy/strategy-and-security/#post-830

Posted : 10/04/2018 4:58 pm
VeganOstomy reacted
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks to all who've given examples. I ended up getting the cross post add-on a few weeks ago and it has definitely helped to increase engagement between forum members and "guest" posters. 

Posted : 10/04/2018 5:09 pm
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@veganostomy can we see an example of yours ? 😁

Posted : 10/04/2018 5:53 pm
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: anonymous3542

https://www.veganostomy.ca/are-pouch-liner-flushable/#comments

I removed the "forum comment" label to avoid confusion, but I kept the link to the forum thread intact. I also use a custom snippet for the forum post rather than the full article to avoid any duplicate content penalties with Google (although, I don't actually think/know if they will penalize for duplicate content in that context). 

Posted : 10/04/2018 6:17 pm
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Posted by: VeganOstomy
Posted by: anonymous3542

https://www.veganostomy.ca/are-pouch-liner-flushable/#comments

I removed the "forum comment" label to avoid confusion, but I kept the link to the forum thread intact. I also use a custom snippet for the forum post rather than the full article to avoid any duplicate content penalties with Google (although, I don't actually think/know if they will penalize for duplicate content in that context). 

@veganostomy I'm not sure which is more impressive - your website or your personal journey with Chrohns Disease. My daughter has this also, so I'm going to be reading a lot more on your site. 

Thanks. 

Posted : 10/04/2018 11:40 pm
VeganOstomy reacted
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

@anonymous3542 I hope that your daughter is doing alright!

Posted : 11/04/2018 12:32 am
(@davidweb)

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing our cases.
I am just wondering what benefit you can have with cross post (if any) using it on a single WP install. I mean, you are already posting your blog entries, so, why re-posting them on the same website? Can't it affect to SEO?
If you guys who have already installed this addon can you share your opinion about that, I would appreciate very much.
Thanks!

Posted : 01/05/2018 11:56 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin

wpForo Blog Cross Posting addon is designed to increase engagement in Forum if you have an active Blog, and in Blog if you have an active Forum. This addon is not for increasing website SEO, however it may does that too.

It keeps active both (blog and forum). So you get a busy Blog and Forum. You can cross-post only a small part of your blog post in forum topic, it's not required to post the whole content. You just create a topic related to the Blog Post and ask forum members to discuss about this post. Sometimes for some people the comment area is not an attractive discussion place, they prefer discuss in forum topics, this helps keep the Blog engaged too. There should be a lot more reasons and a lot more useful things in cross-posting of Blog and Forum.

Here is a screenshot of the addon options:

Dashboard – Add/Edit Post

Dashboard – Addon Settings

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 02/05/2018 8:56 am
(@davidweb)

Hi Robert, thanks for your quick answer. I didn't realize it could increase participation in forum, I was just thinking only in blog pros/cons. So, looking from this point of view, I agree with you, it can be useful for increase forum activity!

The example you are pointing is exactly our case: we have a very active blog with thousands of visitors and we have just opened the forum with wpforo. May be using this option is a good way to increase forum participation.

What we don't want is to decrease our good SEO rating with bad decision, this is why I am asking. I was thinking if Google can penalize us for having duplicate contents in the same domain if we use this addon.

Do you know if there is any way of specifying which content is the canonical: blog vs forum topic? (refer to: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139066)

Thanks in advance and congratulation for the wpForo, we have chosen this platform after years of using bbpress for other sites, lets see how it works!

Posted : 02/05/2018 10:06 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin

Thank you Davidweb

I'm sorry but I'm not a SEO expert, so I can't say an exact answer here. However I can say that it's not required to have a duplicated cross-posted content in Blog and in Forum. You can change the content of first post content of cross-posted topic (make it just an intro of the main blog post, or something else), you can disable Forum to blog cross-posting and only enable blog to forum cross-posting (move some engagement from blog to forum), so all topics and replies will be unique in Forum topics and in Blog Posts. Also, people will start opening new topics and new discussions, this will bring more unique content for website SEO.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 03/05/2018 4:29 pm
Davidweb reacted
Page 1 / 2