[Closed] Forums don't show up on the main page.
This is know incorrect configuration issue. Please check these points:
- Make sure the forum page URL is identical with Forum Base URL. The forum base URL is located in Settings > General Tab > Forum Base URL option. For example, if the forum page URL is www.example.com/community but the Forum Base URL is set www.example.com/index.php/community you'll not see any forum on front end, this is the most popular reason of this issue. Both should be www.example.com/community .
- Please note, if you create a Forum Category (Blue boxes in forum management admin page) without Forums you'll not see any forum on front-end. Forum Categories are just for grouping forums and setting forum layouts. You can't have forums without Forum Category. All forums of Forum category inherits Category layout and are being displayed under the Category. Please the attached screenshot:
- Make sure your usergroup is forum access has appropriate permission to "View Foums".
- If you use SSL / HTTPS protocol please make sure you use Beta-5 or higher version.
- Permalinks must have trailing slash. Problem comes if your permalink structure doesn't have trailing slashes, for example:
Please make sure it exists.
i check all points
Problem is fixed. We just checked and problem was the #5 point, you had not trailing slash in permalink settings. Please make sure you're checking all points, that would save our time for development.
I have just installed your plugin and end up with the attached image.
Is there anything I have done wrong?
It does not look like your sample
Your help will be appreciated
please open a new topic and provide with URLs/Screenshot and with an exact problem description.
@haastrup, I asked you open a new topic. Please check these 5 points, make sure all are correct on your end:
Please read attentive the 5 points of this post:
Most important #1 and #5
Could you please share what was the problem?
The problem is my forums don't show
You'll see the problem
I check and recheck alls points #1 to #5 and no result
I can create an admin profil for your support
Not only the forums, I see nothing that works from wpForo, this is a server or installation issue.
Please uninstall and delete wpForo from your website. And try it again. I see even colors are not there. Something is irregular on your end, make sure you don't have hard cache. Make sure the files are not read only (folder permissions should be 755, file permissions 644 in file system). And let us know what hosting service you use.
1°) Thx for Help
2°) Unisintall and Install Again, nothing again. I let all by default
3°) I check file permissions and seems ok for me (...php in 655, folders in 775)
4°) I'm hosting myself on a dedicated server with apache, nginx ...
Wordpress works perfectly and others plugins too (contact form, ...)
I see, your server doesn't have regular configuration. wpForo can't create colors.css file, so it's obvious that file permissions or file owner permissions are incorrect. It doesn't matter if other plugin works, other plugin doesn't have file creation and writing tasks. We can check this issue if you send Dashboard and cPanel access. As far as I see, even the forum tables have not been created in database.