8 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, first please my apologise in front but Im totally lost as follow:

Unfortunately, and despite being very much on top of search engines for several of my keyboards, my forum really never (I don't know the word in English) never made it for different and various reasons so I eventually stop even passing by to be honest...

Yet, the other day, for I don't remember what reason, I been to it, actually to send it as a "showcase" and recommend this very forum to another person which I thought this forum software could help a lot and then it just all happens:

I saw, almost horrified (a way to talk LOL), how all my design and all my customisation is totally gone. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT, colours.... So much so, that in between the long time I don't stop by and because all looks so extremely different now on my very forum, I don't even know where to start of how to move around...

Is anybody able to, at least on a first instance, tell me what have happened?. Has been there perhaps some changes I don't even never heard about it?

EVEN the link to you guys, that I have always kept, ALWAYS, as a tribute for all your help, even that link its not longer there...

Can someone may tell me something even if its only to put me on the right direction to star with? Im honestly, completely lost

Thanks 🙂

This is my forum:

https://mundopiano.es/foro-de-piano/

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jesus,

If you've just updated to wpForo 2.0 then you should know that the wpForo 2.0 is a major update, it comes with fully redesigned theme. Here is the update information:

If you need the old theme, please navigate to wpForo > Themes admin page and activate the classic theme, delete all caches and make sure it's switched to the correct color style in wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles admin page.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

And, please consider using the new 2022 theme. The old classic theme will be removed in the future. You can customize the new theme with the same colors, also you can add cover images to categorize like we have done it here at wpforo.com.

The doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/categories-and-forums/#categories

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks 🙂

Well, I will need to invest sometime in see how it works - this things are always a bit confusing - but so far I can tell you ITS NOT WORKING properly as I have clearly (it comes down as a default and Im happy leaving this way) marked to show an icon at the bottom to help you guys and such icon/link to you does not shows up

Just to give you an example...

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

and another question please:

I just check the CSS code Personalised and all the different pieces of codes that you guys gave me on the past are totally gone. Its this lost forever?

Should I just review ALL my all posts and simply apply said codes one at the time?

Thanks again 🙂

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @jesus,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Themes and switch to the old theme, then navigate to wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles, and check the CSS Code field for your old CSS Codes.

2 Replies
Jesus
(@jesus)

Reputable Member

@chris thanks Chris 🙂

Im already working on the new theme, so, NEW QUESTIONS regarding just to "my old css code"

1 - IF I return temporarily to the "old theme", my old css personalised coding will be there so that I can copy it?

2 - Then, can I just comeback to the "new theme" and whatever changes I have already make there will remain, OR they will be lost the very minuto I return to the "old theme"?

3 - If 1 & 2 are possitive answers, could I just then paste the css code I copy on the old theme to the new theme and it will make the same things that used to do on the old theme?

Thanks 🙂

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@jesus,

Posted by: @jesus

1 - IF I return temporarily to the "old theme", my old css personalised coding will be there so that I can copy it?

2 - Then, can I just comeback to the "new theme" and whatever changes I have already make there will remain, OR they will be lost the very minuto I return to the "old theme"?

The CSS Codes won't be lost if you change the theme, you can copy them from the CSS Code field.

3 - If 1 & 2 are possitive answers, could I just then paste the css code I copy on the old theme to the new theme and it will make the same things that used to do on the old theme?

The Codes may work, but also can need some small changes if the Code affects on the layout design.