Clear all

[Closed] Delete Account Request

11 Posts
5 Users
27 Reactions
Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@anonymous3542 I can take the blame for my posts and to be honest the one to you was a bit exagerated (now i read it again).

But in this case reading again my post

While the solution is provided above this post, still doing what you plan to do ... is just extremely bad design for the users and your forum. A very bad and not practical idea in general.

i just can't find anything wrong. I see no personal attack or abuse of anykind. I see more a "warning" about a possible failure of a project for reasons i explained 1-2 post after that.

I could find an excuse for all that due to fact that English is not my native language and that should taken under consideration in a forum with participants from all over the world. For everybody and all forums.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words, i always mean good and try to help (and get help also). Nothing else.

1 Reply
GamingWisp
(@gamingwisp)

Posted by: Anonymous20

@anonymous3542 I can take the blame for my posts and to be honest the one to you was a bit exagerated (now i read it again).

But in this case reading again my post

While the solution is provided above this post, still doing what you plan to do ... is just extremely bad design for the users and your forum. A very bad and not practical idea in general.

i just can't find anything wrong. I see no personal attack or abuse of anykind. I see more a "warning" about a possible failure of a project for reasons i explained 1-2 post after that.

I could find an excuse for all that due to fact that English is not my native language and that should taken under consideration in a forum with participants from all over the world. For everybody and all forums.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words, i always mean good and try to help (and get help also). Nothing else.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. When i read that post it came off poorly because some guy i never met before said your design and idea are bad then offered no follow up. Perhaps a difference in cultures. However in my culture if i was to walk up to a random person asking for help on a project and was to say "your design and idea are bad" and then walk away without any further input, i would be considered rude. Thats how you came across to me. I deeply appreciate constructive and thoughtful criticism but find low detail criticism as rude. Again i apologize for our conflict

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@anonymous20 the issue here is that written words do not covey tone. Much in the same way as email etc - unless you explicitly go out of your way to be direct, and rude - this really wasn't the case for this particular post.

Your point is valid - and delivered correctly in my view. Having hundreds (ok, maybe not, but I think you get the idea) of forums and subforums can be confusing, and it's one of the reasons why my site only has the bare essentials. Of course, people are free to do what they want - that is the point of Open Source. However, user perception and experience is equally as important. One person's concept of what they think is a great idea isn't always shared by others unfortunately.

Ultimately, you were there in an advisory capacity and merely suggested that it was a bad idea. I can see why just from your comment, but, sadly, it doesn't seem to have been absorbed as well elsewhere.

Oh well - move on 🙂

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@gamingwisp @anonymous20 - great - let's move on now 🙂

(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

@anonymous20 and i dont like lets say your style, but this is not reason to delete your account.

Why to care for others ? Be yourself and feel good about it, what others thinking it is their problem.

You cant be liked to everybody , focus to those they like you.

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: CENTRAL4ALL

@anonymous20 and i dont like lets say your style, but this is not reason to delete your account.

I only asked that as a courtecy to @Robert and gvectors team.

I don't really care to be popular, since this is not a dating site.

😇

Page 2 / 2