Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Features that are a must have - Live Notifications, Tapatalk support + a few other suggestions

27 Posts
12 Users
14 Likes
16.1 K Views
Topic starter
(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

@Robert The support and answers you give in this forum is fantastic. Makes me even more happier that I chose this plugin for my forum. Really nice news to hear you are already working on notifications.

@Wendell I haven't heard of AppPresser but I will look into it. Thank you very much. It is not so much about tapatalk, as it is about having push notifications on your mobile phone when someone has replied to your post.

(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Joseph

1. Live notifications - This is a must, and should be a priority. User should be notified when someone has replied to their post. This is crucial for engagement and keeping people ON the forum. Please implement this as soon as you can. I know they can be notified by email but that is not the same. We live in an age where each "app" has it's own notifications. Plus, this way people never have to leave the forum. This is, without a doubt, the most requested feature our forum members had.
This could have a lot to do with the audience - my users would much prefer to have a "digest" email (once a week or month) with topics that have been added or replied to as many find that instant notifications are overwhelming and annoying. 

I get more requests about "how do you turn notifications off" rather than "let me have more and instantly!". 
(@jackg)

Any help, guidance or insight as to why Subscriber notifications not working would be appreciated.

Followed all previous posts' advice and tested with a separate domain (gmail) user account.

Tested with both a new Add topic and an existing - using anothermember email account
Subscribed to new replies
Received and responded to the Confirm email for the topic - gmail account

Created new topic and new post - gmail account
Add a post to topic using anothermember account
...no auto-notification received - gmail account

Admin notifications all work fine!

Thanks in advance

Jack

(@jpxxx)