Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Features that are a must have - Live Notifications, Tapatalk support + a few other suggestions

27 Posts
12 Users
14 Reactions
16.6 K Views
Topic starter
(@balkangadgets)
Eminent Member

Hi Wpforo team. First of all I have to say that I am very happy with the way this forum is developing. I already bought two plugins (Private Messages, and Forum-Blog crossposting) and they are working great. I love the idea of a free, fully functional, forum and then supporting the developers with paying for extra features with additional plugins.

But there are two features that are very requested and are basically a must-have for any forum. You can add them either to the core or via a plugin - it does not matter as long at is working.

The must have (but still missing) features are:
1. Live notifications - This is a must, and should be a priority. User should be notified when someone has replied to their post. This is crucial for engagement and keeping people ON the forum. Please implement this as soon as you can. I know they can be notified by email but that is not the same. We live in an age where each "app" has it's own notifications. Plus, this way people never have to leave the forum. This is, without a doubt, the most requested feature our forum members had.
2. Tapatalk support - People love tapatalk, and support for it is basically a must have (but not nearly as much as live notifications)

Some other suggestions:

1. It would be nice if admins/moderators would be able to delete multiple posts or topics at once.

2. When a user reports a post it would be great to receive a private message informing there has been a report.
3. Private messages addon looks bad on mobile. The text entry field is too small. This should be adressed

I really didn't know where to post this so I hope I posted it in the right forum.

Keepon doing a good job devs. 🙂

26 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Joseph,

Tank you very much for your kind words and support! Please find my answers below:

1. Live notifications - This is a must, and should be a priority. User should be notified when someone has replied to their post. This is crucial for engagement and keeping people ON the forum. Please implement this as soon as you can. I know they can be notified by email but that is not the same. We live in an age where each "app" has it's own notifications. Plus, this way people never have to leave the forum. This is, without a doubt, the most requested feature our forum members had.

This is already under development and will be added in a few version releases. We'll do our best to finish this as soon as possible.

2. Tapatalk support - People love tapatalk, and support for it is basically a must have (but not nearly as much as live notifications)

Sure, this is a very popular App and we're going to take this under consideration.

1. It would be nice if admins/moderators would be able to delete multiple posts or topics at once.

This is possible in Dashboard > Forums > Moderation admin page. All topics and posts are listed in two sections Unapproved(x) | Published (y). We're not planning bulk front-end moderation for near future releases, but I'll add this in our to-do list.

2. When a user reports a post it would be great to receive a private message informing there has been a report.

Interesting idea. I'll discuss with our team about this.

3. Private messages addon looks bad on mobile. The text entry field is too small. This should be adressed

Sure, we'll adapt mobile view in next PM version.

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

For the Tapatalk issue, I would recommend making your own mobile app, due to Tapatalk's horrible privacy issues and lack of good support. In fact, I asked Tapatalk if they would be interested in supporting wpForo. As it turns out, they informed me that they recently dropped support for bbPress and will not be adding support for ANY WordPress-based forums.

At first, the thought of building your own app sounds daunting, but really you can do it with a plugin called AppPresser. I'm not affiliated with them, just a very happy customer. I'm working on an app for my forum right now and AppPresser is pretty doggone awesome. You basically install it in WordPress, then build your app, and manage it right in your WordPress site.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you for this information and the suggestion. Sure, we're planning to develop own APP, but it may take a bit longer.

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

What I meant was that each user of wpForo could make their own app specific to their website with AppPresser. 🙂

That said, an app for admins and mods would be sweet! But I think there are other things that are more important right now, and apparently you are already working on those.

Page 1 / 4