Clear all

[Solved] Going Live

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@macaronisalad)
Eminent Member

Hey, First of all, thanks for the wonderful forum plugin and for answering all my queries. 

I'm glad to share that the forum will go live in about 18 hours. I'm expecting a bit of traffic(around 2-3k users). My question is can the forum handle this load? Would there be a possible problem that would arise with this kind of sudden influx of registration in a short amount of time? If yes, what it is? and what can I do to prevent/do if it happens?

I would really love to know your thoughts on this. I just want to make sure the opening of the forum to be smooth.

Thanks!

8 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

wpForo doesn't have any issue with the number of users. 2-3k is too small for wpForo. It's designed even for 1M users. The main issue may come from your hosting server. If you see the website starts working slow you should move to more powerful hosting service plan.

BTW, when you install wpForo, it asks you configure and enable its inbuilt reCAPTCHA in Forums > Tools admin page to protect spam user registration. But I don't see reCAPTCHA on your registration form, why you left it unprotected? All WordPress websites are under hard spam attacks, your website will be too. So you should protect it before going live. Please read this topic and configure the reCAPCTHA for registration forms: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

7 Replies
(@macaronisalad)

Eminent Member

@martin Thanks for the reply. That's very good to hear. I think I'm good on my hosting side, upgrade my plan for the meantime. 20minutes more and we will be up. Hope all goes smoothly.

Ohhh this is major. Thanks for the reminder. I will do this right now. I appreciate you taking the time to take a look.

--

Sorry for the sudden change in topic, I'm experiencing the images not syncing with main forum when updating the avatar.

For example, after I update the avatar in the forum profile, all is good there but when I go to the main forum. My avatar is still not updated on my posts/profile. I just do control f5 to fixed this but is there any other way to make them sync automatically? Not sure if this is a wpforo issue or other plugin(my other plugins are astra/elementor). Let me know your thoughts!

(@martin)

Support Team

@macaronisalad,

For the avatar, just press Ctrl+F5 to reset browser cache. that's just a browser cache nothing else.

(@martin)

Support Team

@macaronisalad,

Ah, you use LiteSpeed Cache and you've not excluded the forum page from LiteSpeed Cache?

That will cause you tons of issues like the avatar and many other things. Please follow to this instruction and exclude the forum page from LiteSpeed Cache plugin: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

(@macaronisalad)

Eminent Member

@martin Oh shoot, i'm pretty sure I've disabled litespeed before. Dang it! Disabled it now.

Thanks for the link, if everything goes well, I might not activate litespeed anymore. That would work right?

BTW, the launch were pretty successful, got almost 3k registered users now. Thanks for the wonderful plugin. Hoping to support you soon!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@macaronisalad,

It's not necessary to disable LiteSpeed plugin. You just need to exclude the forum page from the LiteSpeed plugin as it described here: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

(@macaronisalad)

Eminent Member

@robert Sweet! Just did it.

Thank you so much again!

Have a great weekend ahead and stay safe!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

You're welcome!