Clear all

[Closed] How do you Cache?

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Hi all, I am just wondering, does any one disable wpforo cache, and cache the forum using a different plug in? If so does it work? What cache plug in do you use? 

Thanks in advance for any input 🙂

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @percysgrowroom,

I'm sorry but there is not any cache plugins which can keep the dynamic changes of wpForo forum page. And this FAQ topic is still actual: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

In addition, you can use Autoptimize plugin to minimize/optimize wpForo JS/CSS files.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

In addition, you can use Autoptimize plugin to minimize/optimize wpForo JS/CSS files.

How can i do this mate? every time i have used Autoptimise, it has left me with errors on my site. Not major ones, but when i "inspect" the site it has errors when i use it. 

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Ok, then you don't need it. I cannot be responsive for all issues caused by Autoptimize plugin. I can only say for the wpForo forum. It'll work fine if you put the TinyMCE JS in the Exclude script option. It's well described here: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/autoptimize-wpforo/#post-25914

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@percysgrowroom

Just drop Autoptimize and use Fast Velocity optimizer.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I see you use Fastest Cache also. Because the developer of Fastest Cache is at war with Fast Velocity optimizer, you must:

Disable ALL optimizations of Fastest Cache, disable it, enable and tune Fast Velocity, and re-enable Fastest cache. 

Otherwise Fastest cache can't save the options and complains about Fast Velocity plugin.