[Closed] How to Compete with Discord
Pretty much what the title says. Discord is known as "the forum killer" and I have been using it recently and many of its features are very good. I was thinking about starting another forum soon on another website, using wpforo. But I am stuck thinking, why not just make a discord server instead.....
What is the benefit over using wpforo over discord? Is the time of online forums over?
I can't call Discord a forum killer. Have you seen how much spam there is? Can I Google information on Discord? Here is the short answer.
Anybody else got any input on this? I think it is a big problem. Is it even worth starting a new forum when Discord is getting so popular?
What is the benefit over using wpforo over discord?
I´m Web Development and Administration community manager for many years.
The Forums I personally:
- preferred forums with topics over channels with long discussions.
- You could browse through forum topics and find a subject that interest you.
- Discord servers are chat rooms (instant, short messages).
- Forums are more organized and more versatile, with threads coming and going to reflect the current relevant subjects.
- Discord channels don't work like that.
- Forum its not a chat
- Forum its not a Red Social
People used Discort to Chat via Streaming (instant, short messages)
a modern chat room has nothing to do with a forum
@percysgrowroom Discord does not function similarly with forums. But Reddit does. However, forums have some advantages over Reddit.
1- Unlimited customization
2- If you have a blog, forum attracts users to your blog
3- Forums allow better SEO to attract people from search engines
4- Forums have specialized domain names, which attracts more attention.