Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Is it possible to just post questions on the forum using Wpforo?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@sfo121)

Wpforo plugin is amazing. I am wondering whether it is possible to add new topics which are sort of like questions and post them without answering it myself(like Quora does). I have explored all the settings, but wasn't able to do anything about it. The plugin says character content has to be at least two words. How to bypass this?

5 Replies
5 Replies
 fawp
(@fawp)

Reputable Member
Posted by: @sfo121

Wpforo plugin is amazing. I am wondering whether it is possible to add new topics which are sort of like questions and post them without answering it myself(like Quora does). I have explored all the settings, but wasn't able to do anything about it. The plugin says character content has to be at least two words. How to bypass this?

Yes it's possible. What you are after is the "Q and A layout".

Check this forum subsection out for an example of how it looks:

https://wpforo.com/community/qa-layout-how-to-and-troubleshooting/

This gives you a forum layout similar to Stack Exchange.

(@sfo121)

@fawp Thank you, I learnt how to use it. Just one tiny problem. Whenever i post a question, the system forces me to give an answer too, it is awkward. It says - "Content character length must be greater than 2". Is there any way to bypass this and just post questions?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@sfo121,

Have you tried to set "0" the "Post content maximum length" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab?

(@sfo121)

@robert Yes, I have explored that settings but there also it says value must be greater or equal to 2. How to resolve this issue?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @sfo121,

In Q&A Layout, the topic must have a question subject and question body. Check the screenshot below: