Suggestion [Solved] Please Add the @Username Tag to the Profile Area

11 Posts
4 Users
4 Reactions
RealAct
Topic starter
(@realact)
Reputable Member

Browsing through our forum's user directory today, I noticed that if you just happen to stumble upon a user profile being from the forum user directory or via direct link (Even more so now that profiles are site-wide intended) There's no easy way to get the @Username from the user's profile, except copying it from the profile URL, but this will escape most people browsing someone's profile. 

Could you please add this in future releases?

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration.

10 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@realact

you can add it yourself if you want

open the profile_home.php
search for

<?php wpforo_fields( $fields ); ?>

at the end of the file

and paste this code above it

<div class="wpf-field wpf-field-type-text wpf-field-name-user_nicename  wpf-field-required " title="Nickname"><div class="wpf-label-wrap"><p class="wpf-label wpfcl-1"><i class="fas fa-link wpf-field-icon"></i> Nickname</p></div><div class="wpf-field-wrap">@<?php echo WPF()->current_object['user_nicename']?></div></div>

or you can use > wpForo – User Custom Fields

2 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@tutrix thanks a lot, I'll give it a try and see how it looks, but I still maintain my suggestion that it should be there by default 🙂

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@tutrix BTW, it worked great, thanks for helping me with that, much appreciated. It will probably have to be redone every time the WPForo has an update, I guess, right?.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member
Posted by: @realact

It will probably have to be redone every time the WPForo has an update, I guess, right?.

yes, or you use the > Theme Customization option

1 Reply
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@tutrix just wanted to let you know that even though your trick works with most profiles, sometimes the @username tag will not show in with certain profiles 🙁  not sure why.

I still would love to hear from the developers and if they think they can add this in a future release, it doesn't seem to be too hard to get it done properly.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @realact,

We'll add it in the next version. BTW, the nickname is placed in the editor when you click the reply/quote button. Also, it exists under the post author avatars.

4 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@robert Thanks so much for accepting my suggestion. I think it definitely belongs in the user profile as well, so I'm very happy that you guys will be adding it.

Much appreciated!

Alvin Patrimonio
(@thecaptain)

Estimable Member

hi @robert!

still no plans for auto-complete of usernames (for mentions) in the text editor?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@thecaptain,

It's a very difficult feature. The area of TiniMCE editor is not accessible by simple code. It requires some callbacks or its own plugins, so there is no way to add autocompleting process with real-time AJAX requests in such a limited area. I'm not even talking about detecting of current cursor location to display the result near to that.

In other words, we don't plan it in the near future. And this will not be free if we find 2-3 month to work on such a small but very hard feature.

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@robert Thanks so much again, just upgraded our forum and noticed the new goodie!