Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Real time notifications

13 Posts
9 Users
24 Likes
Topic starter
(@golgoth)

At the moment it's not possible to get forum/topics/replies alerts in a manner similar to facebook notifications or xenforo alerts, am i right? I see only a "subscribe" function that allows email notification.

If i'm correct, do you plan to add this kind of "real time notifications" in the future? I find it a necessary feature in modern forums.

Thanks

12 Replies
1 Reply
(@repersonalization)

Doesn't even have to be real time. non-email subscription notification when you log in should be added. This has been one of the most frequent complaints from my users 🙁

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Forum notification is based on emails. Admin and other users get notification emails once their topic is replied. All users can subscribe to any forum and topic and get quick notification. Admin should enable according options in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails admin page.

The live notification is not a forum part. Almost all forum platforms don't have such function by default. Forum users are not active like in chats or in social networks. This kind of boards are based on email notifications.

At the moment we don't have such feature in our to-do list, but I'll ask our team to take this under consideration.

1 Reply
(@philmortz)

Can I third this request, I've had several messages from users asking for this and the forum has been live less than a week!

Thanks

Topic starter
(@golgoth)

Actually all major forums (vBulletin, Xenforo, IPB4) have this function. I've got a large board on IPB4 and willing to try wpForo with addons, but since my users got used to real time notifications them i can't really make a step backward.

Hope you'll make it some day, thanks for answering.

(@samhunter)
Reputable Member

I second that this is a needed feature for new replies, likes, private messages, and if it becomes possible to get notified when a particular user posts.

(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

To my opinion this feature is essential for any active forum and should be part of the core. 

Page 1 / 2