Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Real time notifications

13 Posts
9 Users
24 Likes
(@marcusjonesy)

I have to agree with all of the above. Notifications are a must for any forum. Push alerts to devices should be added.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We've added this in our to-do list. But it's not planned this year. We'll do our best to add it as soon as possible.

1 Reply
(@balkangadgets)

Eminent Member
Posted by: Robert

We've added this in our to-do list. But it's not planned this year. We'll do our best to add it as soon as possible.

This is definitely a must. A lot of users don't like to fiddle with emails and are used to new things like notifications. Maybe you can do it with the private messages addon - Every time a reply is posted to something you wrote a private message is sent notifying you that you have a new reply in a thread you are following.

(@repersonalization)
Posted by: Robert

I just want you to know this is why I love you guys, so responsive to feedbacks.

Just an idea, something like "inbox" page for those notifications would be nice.

(@usernamemi)
Trusted Member

As all my predecessors mentioned, it is an essential feature. Any update about this implementation ?

(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member

This was the best hacky option I came up with, using Telegram chat and a bot that runs off a user account you associate it to in your forum. Full instructions:  https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/features-that-are-a-must-have-live-notifications-tapatalk-support-a-few-other-suggestions/paged/2/#post-14942  

Page 2 / 2