[Closed] Roadmap: iOS app phone app

19 Posts
9 Users
7 Likes
Oneclickwi
Topic starter
(@oneclickwi)
Eminent Member

I get its mobile friendly, but users are too lazy to use it through their web browser on the phone.  An app would be amazing. Is this something possible in the future?  Even if its not near future? 

18 Replies
1 Reply
(@davehamilton)

Eminent Member

Curious what the plans are for this now? Having notifications sent to iOS is something our users are craving, so just curious if this is something that we might be able to implement, either with your app or one of our own?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Sure, it's already under discussions, we're on designing and planning stage. I think it'll be available in a few month.

Oneclickwi
Topic starter
(@oneclickwi)
Eminent Member

Wow you guys are the best thanks so much!  Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you guys with it!

(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member

I'm really interested to see an app for this and not just iOS. Since Android covers more devices worldwide, an Android first approach would be awesome.

I'm thinking you'd build one app which the user would then use to log into the site's specific forum. So potentially, the app could have various wpFopro forums on it from different websites. Part of the app could encourage users to join all the various wpForo forums. I'm thinking like PocketCasts does for podcasts.

Another thought, would it be able to pull through the theme from a specific forum?

Perhaps an interim option would be to enable browser notifications in the same way facebook etc do when you use their site in a browser. Although this would be no where near as good as an app running in the background and giving me a proper notification on my phone when someone replies to one of my forum topics.

Monetization - I'd happily pay for integration with the site like the other addons you've done. Especially if the price is reasonable (like the others) and you keep the app free to users to download. Perhaps a paid for add free version.

(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member

Would love to hear what the update on this is as it is probably the most game changing feature you could add.

Page 1 / 3