[Closed] Templates and hard coded values

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Hi All,

I'm creating a dark theme for my website, and have begun the process of skinning wpForo. Everything looks as expected for the most part, although I have noticed that hard coded (inline) styles are in use on some of the template files. Examples of this are profile-*.php. I also noticed some odd DIV styles that look like they were originally intended for tables (there seems to be a mix of these) - whilst this isn't an issue at all (I have just re-written some of the HTML to make it fit in with my theme), I recall seeing that 1.4.6 is due to be released in the coming days.

I'm curious to know if there are many template changes in this release ?

Thanks for a truly brilliant product.

More about the theme I'm developing can be found here

There is a rolling development for those really interested in this theme here - be aware it's not finished, and there are some bumps and (intentional) theme bugs

Regds

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi anonymous3542,

Please note, wpForo has Dark style in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page. you should choose the Dark style then continue the customization. This styles includes specific color configuration that makes 90% of job. please don't try make dark other styles.

Topic starter
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Hi @robert,

I'm aware of this, thanks. However, as I've made changes at code level within the templates, the dark theme isn't something I'll be persuing as it's the same amount of effort to rewrite the CSS rather than modify the existing dark theme. It's why I asked if 1.4.6 contained any significant code changes.

Thanks