[Solved] What happens to posts of deleted users

9 Posts
4 Users
4 Reactions
HighscoreDigital
Topic starter
(@highscoredigital)
Trusted Member

I want to know what happens to the posts of a user that I want to delete. Are the posts automatically deleted also? Or do they stay online?

Is there an option where I can decide what happens to the posts?

Thanks for your help!

8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Yes, there is. If a member has some posts on your community, you have the option to either delete the content entirely or retain it while removing the author's information. Additionally, you can reassign the content to another user.

For further details, please refer to the following link: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/gdpr/right-to-erasure/#deleting%C2%A0-user-content

HighscoreDigital
Topic starter
(@highscoredigital)
Trusted Member

Hi @sofy 

Thank you! I can only see two options; "Delete all wpforo content" or "Attribute all content to xy". So i guess there is no possibility to only remove the author's information?

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Posted by: @highscoredigital

is no possibility to only remove the author's information?

As an admin, you can edit the member's profile and remove all author information.
Give them a new name, such as anonymous

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

It's best to admin create a user called anonymous or deleted_user or similar and move all posts to that user when deleting a member profile. Trying to give them a new name each time such as Tutrix mentioned will result in too many silly names such as anonymous123 etc.

Page 1 / 2