Clear all

[Closed] WP Super Cache

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@solarian)

Hi,

I seem to be running into some difficulties with WP Super Cache, and I wonder if others have seen something similar or if it's some misconfiguration at my end (quite possible). The issue is that all forum pages are stale for non logged-in users, and the stale cache files aren't being deleted.

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@solarian

exclude your forum from WP Super Cache

read this post > wpForo and Cache Plugins

Topic starter
(@solarian)

Yes, I've done that... but I think it might be a good idea to mention that somewhere in the documentation. For instance, there's another forum topic here from a few years ago where wpForo admins claim it works fine with WPSC.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

While caching plugins and wpForo are a no-go, i doubt session issues come from that.

Topic starter
(@solarian)

It wasn't causing session issues that I noticed. I'm really just saying that, following on from what Tutrix said, I think others could easily make the same mistake in thinking wpForo works with third-party caching software, so I'd suggest the FAQ post could helpfully be added to the documentation.

2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @solarian

It wasn't causing session issues that I noticed. I'm really just saying that, following on from what Tutrix said, I think others could easily make the same mistake in thinking wpForo works with third-party caching software, so I'd suggest the FAQ post could helpfully be added to the documentation.

Yes, i probably got that all wrong in your case. It is true that a huge ammount of issues i read here is due to caching plugins that can cause all kind of issues, like display old content, conflicts and session problems.

I don't know if wpForo could somehow detect caching and give a warning or something.

(@solarian)

Posted by: @dimalifragis

Yes, i probably got that all wrong in your case. It is true that a huge ammount of issues i read here is due to caching plugins that can cause all kind of issues, like display old content, conflicts and session problems.

I don't know if wpForo could somehow detect caching and give a warning or something.

It seems it's possible to define a contstant DONOTCACHEPAGE to prevent WPSC and some other caches from caching the page, as used in Wordfence:

if(! defined('DONOTCACHEPAGE')){ define('DONOTCACHEPAGE', true); }

For reference, the old wpForo forum post that had me confused is here.

I think it might be worth flagging this up as a feature request. It seems like it could be pretty easy to implement, unless I'm missing something.

Page 1 / 2