All Attachments Are...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] All Attachments Are Suddenly Broken... Help!!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Estimable Member

We're currently running version 1.9.9.2. and everything was working just fine until today. No modifications were made that we are aware of and the only update that was done prior to this issue was an woocommerce update. I have tried disabling each of our plugins one at a time, but ALL images are still broken throughout the entire forum. We're running both the advanced attachments and the wpforo embed addons. Again, everything was running just fine until now. If you see my screenshot, you can see that all attachment thumbnails are missing and/or broken. If you attempt to view direct url of an attachment, it produces a non-specific error notice: "image cannot be displayed because it contains errors"

Here's what I have already attempted with no success:

1.) Disabling all other plugins

2.) Regenerating thumbnails

Can anyone offer any additional suggestions on trouble shooting critical issue??

Thank you!

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Estimable Member

It looks like another user experienced the same exact issue here: https://gvectors.com/forum/wpforo-advanced-attachments/images-dont-display-anymore/

Looks like kyle had suggested to disable "secure attachment urls" and that seemed to immediately fix the other user's issue.

The question is, where is that specific setting? It seems that it no longer exists?

Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Estimable Member

Ok, I was able to locate the add-on tab that contained all of the settings and finally have resolved the "broken image" issue after switching off secure attachment urls.

However.........

I still have two questions about this issue:

1.) What would be causing secure attachment urls to break images in the first place?

2.) What are the downsides/risks to having secure attachment urls turned off?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@novedd,

Please move your topic to gVectors Advanced Attachments Support Forum, as we don't provide here wpForo addons Support, only wpForo main plugin support.