wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can't upload media on new topics since update to 1.9.9

8 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Since updating to wpForo 1.9.9, myself and my users are not able to attach media to new forum topics. The links/buttons are not available below the editor for new topics. They do appear, however, for replies. Please see screenshots:

New topic: https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuqbR85

Reply: https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQu7BP0q

I have cleared all levels of caches on the server, wpForo and browsers. No other plugins were updated or installed at the time of wpForo update. Many of my users are reporting this problem so it's definitely not unique to me.

I have also double-checked forum permissions to make sure they are correct (they are).

Not sure what to do at this point so perhaps it is a bug?

7 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Is that using the adv attachments plugin or just the wpForo plugin?

Got me curious and tried it myself and works just fine (the attachments).

Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

I'm using the Advanced Attachments plugin.

2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@wendell Just checked also in a forum for a customer using adv attachments and works also fine.

I discovered an issue but not related to yours. The issue is that the lighbox plugin he used doesn't work anymore with the adv attachement plugin.

Wendell
(@wendell)

Reputable Member

@dimalifragis Thank you for your testing! I'll keep playing with it and see if I can figure out what's up. Maybe a conflict with another plugin.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@wendell,

Please make sure all caches are well deleted, and the CDN is reset if you have.

Enable the [GIF] button for the topic editor as well. If the Tenor GIF addon is enabled, the attachments buttons will be moved up and will be disappeared under the text editor. So I don't see why the [Gif] button is missing on the Topic form. This could be a version incompatibility issue as well. Make sure you use the latest version of Tenor Gif, Advanced Attachments and wpForo.

If neither of them helped, just use this CSS code in Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea. Save it, delete all caches and pres Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end to see the change:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-topic-form-wrap .wpf-field-wrap > .wpf-extra-fields{
     margin-top: -5px;
}
Wendell
Topic starter
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Thanks @robert, I appreciate your help! The CSS trick helped but you are right -- the GIF icon isn't showing and I hadn't noticed that before. There's only one version (1.0.0), which is what I have installed. I double-checked the gVectors site and see that 1.0.0 is the latest version. Removing that plugin solves the problem. Looks like I need to report this at gVectors.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@wendell,

The problem is in the version of wpForo and Advanced Attachments addon, this is not the Tenor GIFs  integration issue. Make sure you use the latest wpForo version. Also, make sure you don't have custom CSS code for the topic editor.