Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] New Topic & New Reply Email URLs - Redirection Error

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@gthellama)
Eminent Member

Some of our members are complaining about the links on the 'New Topic' and 'New Reply' notification emails.

They said they are redirected to the main/index forum page instead of the reply or new topic whenever they click the link from the email. After that, they can't go into any topics in the forum. They are repeatedly redirected to the index forum page.

I am not sure the root cause of this issue because I tested it on my end using an admin account and I found no issues on the links. I tested this before and I was able to replicate their issue using a 'member' account (not admin). So I thought the issue may occur when logged into the site using a member account.

I also tried updating the permalink of the topic and it resolved a single issue. But this error is persistent so we need a permanent fix for this error.

Can you please enlighten me on this? Thank you.

5 Replies
Topic starter
(@gthellama)
Eminent Member

For example, 

when I create a topic, an email notification will be sent to the subscribers, right?

Then, from that email, there is a link that should redirect to the new topic posted.

When they click it, they are redirected to the main forum page instead of the new topic page. 

I noticed there is a strange parameter added on the link when they are redirected from the email and it does not go away unless I change the slug of that topic or the parent forum. Even if I remove the parameter, it goes back when I refresh the browser.

This is strange and it has been going on for so long on our site. Can someone please help me with this?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @gthellama,

We cannot help you without seeing the actual link. Please copy the link from the email and paste it here. Also, leave a screenshot of the email content.

(@gthellama)

Eminent Member

@robert Hello, here is a screen recording of the issue.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crjhe8Vj10U

Topic starter
(@gthellama)
Eminent Member

I found this thread as well that is similar to our concern

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/forosignin/

Topic starter
(@gthellama)
Eminent Member

We get the email notification that someone has replied to a post or there is a

new topic but when clicking the link to the update we are just directed to the

main forum page, even if we manually go to recent posts and click it we are

directed straight back to the forum page once again.

Here is what one of our members say