wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] "latest post" at bottom is showing restricted topics

7 Posts
4 Users
3 Reactions
sazdoes
Topic starter
(@sazdoes)
Trusted Member

The "latest post" line at the bottom where the stats are, is showing topics from forums that are restricted to a group.
I read that this was a bug a few years back but it should be solved. It's not solved in my installation apparently (I'm on 1.8.4).

For now I used css to comment the whole line out, but because of that I had to create text links in a bottom widget for the recent and new posts. Not really ideal.

Is this a known issue? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there anyway to only hide the latest topic line?

6 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @sazdoes,

This will be fixed in the next version update.

(@rosevines)

Is this fixed yet? I'm using version 1.9.9 and when someone who is not registered for the forums visit, they can see the whole bottom section including links which should only be available to logged in users.

Is there a way to hide this info from people who aren't logged in?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rosevines,

This is wpForo Footer, You will need to make theme customizations if you want to close it.

(@rosevines)

@chris Please add this as something we can switch on or off with an option. This puts private information out in the public, and it shouldn't require that we have to dig into customizing the theme to achieve something so basic and so important.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rosevines,

You can close the footer by disabling Show Forum Statistic option from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab

(@rosevines)

@chris Now if you'd just said that the first time. 😉 

Thanks, Chris!