14 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

It seems that the footer statistics are not updating UNLESS i clear the cache in wpForo and / or update the user statistics.

For example today i saw a "newest member" showing in the stats, was from 2 days back. Clearing/updating showed today's latest new member.

Thanks

13 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @dimalifragis,

I'm sorry for the late response, the issue was that wpForo doesn't delete the statistics cache when a new user is registered, this issue would be fixed in the new update.

(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Was about to report the same issue, but then I saw this thread. I have the exact same problem.

It's been over six months since the last post in this thread, and I am now at version 2.17, so obviously this hasn't been repaired yet.

Can you please update the status of this issue? When will a version be released with a fix for this?  And is there any fix I can apply manually while I am waiting for this to be repaired?

Thank you

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@dronebot-workshop,

The issue with new reg users and statistics is fixed, and it's working.

Please provide Forum URL, I will check it in your Forum.

(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@chris  It certainly isn't working on my forum, I am at version 2.1.7.

URL is https://forum.dronebotworkshop.com/ As you can see on the footer, the most recent post is not correct. If you can advise as to how I can fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dronebot-workshop This must be REMOVED from wpForo page(s).

!-- plugin=object-cache-pro client=PhpRedis metric#hits=6840 metric#misses=22 metric#hit-ratio=99.7 metric#bytes=3503046 metric#prefetches=177 metric#store-reads=19 metric#store-writes=1 metric#store-hits=233 metric#store-misses=4 metric#sql-queries=129 metric#ms-total=544.08 metric#ms-cache=20290.37 metric#ms-cache-median=0.00 metric#ms-cache-ratio=3,729.3 sample#redis-hits=10356548 sample#redis-misses=613456 sample#redis-hit-ratio=94.4 sample#redis-ops-per-sec=21 sample#redis-evicted-keys=0 sample#redis-used-memory=109517960 sample#redis-used-memory-rss=126840832 sample#redis-memory-fragmentation-ratio=1.2 sample#redis-connected-clients=2 sample#redis-tracking-clients=0 sample#redis-rejected-connections=0 sample#redis-keys=117392 -->

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@dronebot-workshop,

Please remove the caching from wpForo pages as mentioned above and let me know, so I would check after the caching is removed.

Cache FAQ: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

7 Replies
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@chris I'm not sure I follow Chris, I don't have a caching plugin as I was under the impression that they do not work with WPForo.

Can you provide a few more details as to what I need to remove? Thanks!

(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@chris While no WordPress cache is installed on the site, the server runs Redis. I notice that Redis is listed in the line you posted earlier.

Is this perhaps the caching that you are referring to? It has run Redis for several years, while the footer issue only started with the WPForo version 2 upgrade. 

The forum site does NOT have the Redis Object Cache plugin, which is used on the other sites on my server that do use Redis.  So I'm not sure why it would be affecting the forum, but I can turn off the service temporarily to test it. 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dronebot-workshop Chris didn't posted anything for Redis, i did. And yes this is what Chris suggested.

Redis is an OBJECT caching and it it may cause issues. The fact that you use it for years, doesn't mean anything. Most people do not notice issues, until they do.

wpForo has both object and html caching. Two caching together (redis & wpforo) is a bad idea. We have talked about here several times. And most of the time caching IS the issue for webmasters.

(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Sorry, my error - should give credit where credit is due!

And it is Redis, I just cloned the server and turned it off on the clone and it works.

I don't want to turn Redis off on the production server, as it hosts other sites that make use of it. I'm willing to move WPForo to its own server, was wondering if I would encounter any issues with licensing the add-ons that I have purchased?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Actually there is no need to search, I'm going to opt for moving WPForo to another server - it's something I have wanted to do for a while anyway.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@dronebot-workshop,

About the addons License, please create a new topic at Gvectors.com, as we don't provide addon support.