[Closed] Second time hacked forum

13 Posts
6 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@annushka)
Estimable Member

Hello! 

Second time someone hacked forum https://www.russpuss.ru and posted china spam. Developer recommended tall you about this is for you fixed this is. 

Topic Tags
12 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @annushka,

The forum is not hacked, it's spammed. I'd recommend copy some very usual china symbols and create a user blocking rule using Forums Censure PRO plugin: https://gvectors.com/product/forums-censure-pro/

This plugin will block user once some user posted a Chinese posts. Here are screens of the plugin configuration:

Topic starter
(@annushka)
Estimable Member

Hello Martin!

Thanks you for offer add-ons. I have two bundles.  Don’t want more. You not planning fixed bug with spam? My others forum again hacked spam *use captcha and akisment pro).

Best Regards

Alena

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Posted by: @annushka

You not planning fixed bug with spam?

Hi @annushka,

Spam is not a bug. And a bug cannot cause spam. Spam is a worldwide issue. All WordPress website s are under spam attacks and the spam comes to forum from your WordPress. This is not a wpForo bug. There is not a bug which can be fixed to prevent spam.

Again, the plugin I suggest is the best solution that we use in all our forums. But you should collect spammy words and use them in the plugin to detect and stop spam. next time when you get spammed copy and save some spam posts and find most popular words in the spam posts to use in the plugin.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

The best spam protection is to stop them from registering in the first place. Any security software that does not call on the SFS API (their database is kept up to date by Admins like us) at the very least is next to useless. A plus would be if it also calls on Project Honeypot. For me a must have is also Geo blocking. Likely you will needed at least two separate security systems to deal with it.

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@verek All you need is

https://wordpress.org/plugins/cidram/

and some technical skils.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

@dimalifragis I know CIDRAM from the ZB Block integrations days. It's an excellent tool for those who know how to tune it but perhaps a little too complicated for the average forum admin on here.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@verek That is why i wrote "with some technical skils".

An other alternative is Ninja Firewall for WP+ but the PAID version. It has all you mention above.

VereK
(@verek)

Honorable Member

Posted by: @dimalifragis

@verek That is why i wrote "with some technical skils".

An other alternative is Ninja Firewall for WP+ but the PAID version. It has all you mention above.

+1 That's what I would use if I needed a GUI based system.

Page 1 / 2