wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] "[Solved]" thread

11 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
 rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

Inside a thread, when you click on the first post of a thread "Solved" button, the text "[Solved]" is automatically added to the start of main title and in the main list of the threads the icon is changed.

BUT in the main list of threads the text "[Solved]" don't appear.

You must manually add a second text "[SOLVED]" on the title of the first post to be able to see "[Solved]" in the main list of threads.

But inside the thread you see two times "[Solved][Solved]" at the start of the thread title.

You can avoid to use the button "Solved" on the first post of the thread but in this case the icon in the main thread list don't change

Topic Tags
10 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @rik,

There is a special icon for the Solved topic. See the screenshot below:

rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

Thanks Alvina, but I already knew about the special icon (I also wrote it in my first post).
However, as you can see from the image you posted, the "[SOLVED]" text does not appear in front of the thread title.
The [SOLVED] is certainly clearer for all those who are looking for information in the forums to know immediately where to find a solution to their problems.
An icon is much less clear because you have to understand what it means and everyone makes a different use of icons.
Moreover, as I said, the "[SOLVED]" in front of the thread title appears when entering inside the thread's but does not appear in the thread list.
This is an inconsistency and therefore a bug.
The title inside the thread and outside the thread (in the index) must be the same. it makes no sense for it to be different. Or in the forum configuration there must be an option to make the titles the same or different as now.

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @rik,

This is an inconsistency and therefore a bug.

This is not the bug, it designed to work in this way.

However, to change the icon to the text use the following JS code:

jQuery( ".wpf-spost-title .wpfcl-8" ).replaceWith( "<i>[Solved]</i>" );

The JS code should be added in the current active theme JS  files.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-easily-add-javascript-in-wordpress-pages-or-posts/

rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

Thank you for the good will, but after adding the following lines in the function.php file of my child theme, nothing has changed (all cache's cleared):

/* WPFORO: Title "[Solved]" also on threads main list other than inside each thread */
add_action('wp_head', 'wpb_hook_javascript');
function wpb_hook_javascript() {
      ?>
            <script>
                jQuery( ".wpf-spost-title .wpfcl-8" ).replaceWith( "<i>[Solved]</i>" );
            </script>
     <?php
}

2 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@rik

try

Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Style Tab > Custom CSS Code

add this Code

.wpforo-topic-title .fa-check-circle::before, .wpf-spost-title .fa-check-circle::before {
content: "[Solved]";
}
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @rik,

The code provided above works as expected. See the screenshot below:

but after adding the following lines in the function.php file of my child theme, nothing has changed (all cache's cleared):

You've simply added code in the wrong place. As I already mentioned the code should be added in the active theme JS files, not in the function.php file. Also above is provided an article on How to Easily Add JavaScript in WordPress Pages or Posts (3 Methods).

Page 1 / 2