[Solved] login redirecting to front page

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@Chris

This is the same problem I thought was solved but it is still happening even though your solution remains

10 Replies
Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@Chris

I am able to get to the Register page via the Please Login or Register on the post. At least there is a way but then there's new issue; reCapture:

I have many times entered the keys that Google sent me days ago but today I gave up and registered again. Although I get confirmation from Google, it gives an error on the page.

I keep thinking this would be a lot easier if I started again from scratch. There are so many problems. How can I reuse the db so that I don't lose the database?

6 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@strategia,

Check this link about recaptcha: https://formidableforms.com/knowledgebase/recaptcha/#:~:text=Invalid%20key%20type-,If%20you%20are%20using%20reCAPTCHA%20on%20your%20site%20and%20you,Key%20types%20are%20not%20interchangeable.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Your Login and Reg menu links work correct, the issue is only the reCAPTCHA issue.

(@strategia)

Eminent Member

@chris 

what did you do? They are working for me now, too but were not working last time I checked; I did disable the plugin to look at another one. Maybe that jolted something. That's great. Any thoughts on how to return the left-hand column?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@strategia,

Full screen or in the middle?

(@strategia)

Eminent Member

@chris 

Ok thanks for that link but it conflicts with

wpForo v2 Documentation

• Single Board Forum: Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Google reCAPTCHA

which I have followed 4 times with different registrations. On this last attempt, I noticed that Google says to register the main domain and that all its subdomains will be covered. Ah ha, I thought. I've been registering the subdomain and although it doesn't say not to do that, I thought that might be the problem. I deleted the 3 previous registrations and made a new registration for the main domain. It still does not work.

Your link given above does not seem to be for wpForo because there is not a (findable?) link in my dashboard that matches what Google says: go to / configure your Formidable → Global Settings → reCAPTCHA

If Formidable is different to what is given in wpForo > Settings , where is that, please?

Otherwise, it seems that you are telling me to open a help desk ticket with Google and wait until Christmas.

Do I need reCapture or can I get around it? If I need it, wpForo will not work for me; If I don't need it, how do I stop it temporarily?

And you didn't address my question about starting again with a new install. Please can you respond.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@strategia,

Which version of reCAPTCHA are you using? If it's v3, change to v2

Posted by: @strategia

And you didn't address my question about starting again with a new install. Please can you respond.

No need to start from scratch, we will help you.

Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@Chris, I admire your grit but this just gets worse and worse. My earlier installs of wpForo have worked without the recapture and on Astra but we've been going round in circles for a week with no progress. Astra is looking at the side margin as it's clearly their problem but login is a nightmare. I just reentered the Google keys for the 6th time before writing this and I now see we are back to redirecting to the front page!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@strategia,

I see that reCAPTCHA started working.

Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@Chris,

Astra seems to have been the problem with reCapture and with the left margin. It's running on iBusiness while the Astra guys look into it.'

Thanks a million.