Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to Deal With the WP Cache plugin

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

I keep deleting the plugin but it keeps being reinstalled. wpForo wants me to exclude these pages

/community/
/participant/
/sign-up/
/sign-in/
/change-password/

but I can't find their URLs. Where do I find them? For instance when I go to Pages and view the Forum page from there, I get a 404 error

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@ Chris

Is there some reason why this has gone unanswered since it was posted on October 30? I see today that it has had 61 views yet no one has given any feedback. How can I get a response?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@strategia,

Sorry for late response, the forum has lots of open topic, trying to give answers to all users.

I keep deleting the plugin but it keeps being reinstalled.

Not sure that I got you right, you delete WP Cache plugin and it gets back by itself?

wpForo wants me to exclude these pages

/community/
/participant/
/sign-up/
/sign-in/
/change-password/

but I can't find their URLs. Where do I find them?

What do you man saying I can't find their URLs?

For instance when I go to Pages and view the Forum page from there, I get a 404 error

You edit “Forum” page and get 404 error?

Topic starter
(@strategia)
Eminent Member

@Chris

I don't get email notifications even though I am registered so I apologise for being slack in checking in again here.

You must be right to question that the plugin would reinstall by itself, but that was what I said (wrongly) it is not there today so I must have neglected to complete the original uninstall. 

In any case, I would still like to know how to make the adjustments that wpForo is asking for. How can I exclude those pages? I could not see how to do that as none of the /names/ were live links and I could not find them by searching in Pages in the dashboard.

So the last question: yes, I got a 404 but today it's OK

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Posted by: @chris

/community/
/participant/
/sign-up/
/sign-in/
/change-password/

These are Permalinks,

/participant/ and /community/ can be opened, but /community/ can be /forum/ a*s well that's related to your board slug.