Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Adsense and wpforo compatible theme?

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@tyler79)
Trusted Member

recently got set up with adsense and it seems the theme is incompatible. unfortunately though it seems to be the best them for wpforo (as I think it is theirs).

I was wondering if anyone else uses adsense with success without breaking anything, uses it with customyfy successfully, or uses another theme that looks and feels the same yet shows the ads fine. If I have to drop adsense its not a huge deal as this is more an experiment (and learning project) to me. If I could use it though and learn a bit more it would be great.

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi.

There is no such thing as Adsense Compatible. All themes can be used with Adsense, so does wpForo.

Use Ad Inserted and you are all set.

I would be better to explain more your issue.

1 Reply
(@tyler79)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis okay thanks, when set up the backend says the theme is not compatible. I see it oddly works on mobile but not desktop now. I have the ads set up and they display correct on my tablet and phone but I see nothing on desktop. Prob a separate issue though I'll figure out. What exactly is ad inserted? I'm unfamiliar and have adsense, amp, and googles site plugin set up to put them up automatically.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

The backend of WHAT? wpForo doesn't say anything like that.

Please explain what you are doing, i can't understand. Set up ads HOW?

Ad Inserter is a WP plugin for ads/adsense.

Is your question related to wpForo plugin?

1 Reply
(@tyler79)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis 

Back end of WordPress.

Not set up ads, that's all on me and adsense, I'm good there.

I'll look up inserter. That sounds interesting

Yes wpforo plugin. The default theme is customify but adsense, amp and sitekit state not compatible and give errors in their interface alerts. Doesn't seem to affect too much though. If I switch to an amp/adsense compatible theme then the forum itself looks pretty bad. I was wondering if any other users had a similar situation.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Ok, all that have nothing to do with wpForo plugin.

1 Reply
(@tyler79)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis I didn't think it all I was going was someone might have a suggestion.