7 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@malpharyx)
6 Replies
Topic starter
(@malpharyx)

After I tried many things, I guess there is a problem with the permalink and special characters of my language: Thai. But I can't deduce why some links work and some links do not. Some longer permalink works and some shorter permalink does not.

Topic starter
(@malpharyx)

I asked the hosting provider and they said there is a malfunction on the javascript as follows.

The attempt to bind "/forum/we-share/%e0%b8%88%e0%b8%b0%e0%b8%97%e0%b8%b3%e0%b8%a2%e0%b8%b1%e0%b8%87%e0%b9%84%e0%b8%87%e0%b8%96%e0%b9%89%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%ab%e0%b8%b1%e0%b8%a7%e0%b8%ab%e0%b8%99%e0%b9%89%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%84%e0%b8%99%e0%b9%80%e0%b8%81%e0%b9%88%e0%b8%b2%e0%b9%84%e0%b8%a1%e0%b9%.../index.html" in the workspace failed as this URI is malformed.

Could you tell me what went wrong?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@malpharyx,

Your URLs are too long. Your server cannot perform such long URLs. You have no chance to use such URLs. Please find some plugin, which will change the URLs to Latin characters automatically. Something like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cyr2lat/

This plugin will fix new topics URLs, but the existing topic URLs should be fixed in the database. The only way is changing the URLs to some ID-s with topic text. This SQL command will do that:

UPDATE `wp_wpforo_topics` SET `slug` = CONCAT('topic-', `topicid`);

Make sure the red marked wp_ prefix is correct. Your database table prefix can be different. This SQL command will change all topic URLs to something like this:

https:// work-empire.com/ forum/ forum-slug/ topic-253258/

You can execute this command in the website database SQL tab using phpMyAdmin plugin or the phpMyAdmin database tool in your hosting cPanel.

After executing the SQL command, go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all caches] button. If you have some cache plugin, then purge that plugin cache as well.

In any case, I recommend backup the wp_wpforo_topics table or the whole database before changing the topic URLs.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@malpharyx,

I assume you didn't delete the caches, as I have mentioned.

Again, After executing the SQL command, go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all caches] button. If you have some cache plugin, then purge that plugin cache as well.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

I was correct. That was the cache issue. Now all is reset automatically, and all topic URLs are changed to topic-ID. Here are some examples: