Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Accesses: View vs. See vs. Read

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mitchcan)
Eminent Member

I'm still working through the applications of usergroups and access, but I can't figure something out.

I want a 'Guest' to be able to 'see' the forum exists, but NOT see the topics/replies (unless they become 'registered'). Every way I have tried this, while the Guest can NOT 'read' (as in click to read full content of) the topics and replies, they can still 'see' them. How do I make it where a Guest can not even see (the title/headline of) those Topics within the forum?

I do have 'can view forum' = checked, and 'can view topic' = unchecked in the Forum Accesses in Settings. In that, I would expect to have the Guest user be able to view the forum (they can) but NOT view, as in 'see displayed' (or read) the topic - as expected, they are NOT able to 'read' the topic, yet they still ARE able to 'see' the topic.

I guess it comes down to the definition of 'view' - when I have 'can view topic' unchecked, I expect them not to be able to even 'see' the display of the topic (and of course then not be able to 'read' it as well).

Is there a simple setting I am missing to do this as expected?

Thanks.