Here is the forum home

10 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @gunarcom,

Please register some new user and send login details to info[at]gvecrors.com email address to allow us to check it. 

(@gunarcom)

Eminent Member

Email is sent with login creds, thank you

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Thank you @gunarcom,

We could access neither any topics nor forums. Please check permissions of the current user and make sure we can see at least one topic.

https://www.screencast.com/t/bUlY6yq0RATY

(@gunarcom)

Eminent Member

Hey @sofy - I forgot that I set individual forum permissions - I opened up one of the forums to everyone including guests:

https://funnuniversity.com/lounge/general-discussion/enjoying-the-classes/

I sent you a login/password that should open up all of the forums with normal poster permissions, if that login isn't working let me know

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

It seems some plugins or current active theme blocks the click on the span tag. To find the problem maker, please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation, then switch to some default theme and check again. Please let us know the result.

(@gunarcom)

Eminent Member

I have wpDiscuz installed on the same site, using the same theme, on a page with even more jquery and the span tags are all clickable and work just fine. 

If you login you should be able to see this page: https://funnuniversity.com/lessons/i-heart-us-cutting-session/

The comments on there all have working / clickable span tags.

The forum is on the simplest of template, just the single.php page- is there any way to check if a JS isn't loading?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Probably problem maker (plugins/theme) doesn't load the js that has an effect on wpForo on the pages where wpDiscuz is loaded. 

(@gunarcom)

Eminent Member

I'm not trying to be obtuse and I understand the importance of full conflict testing but I am trying to exhaust my options before I go through and start disabling plugins. Every plugin I have activated plays a role in the site and I disable / remove any plugin I am not using.

It seems weird to me that there is no error on the page. I redownloaded and reuploaded all the files for wpForo to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file. I also skimmed through the frontend.js file that wpForo was loading to see if there were any jQuery scripts that might be called twice and didn't see any. I am loading some jQuery scripts outside of WordPress plugins but didn't see anything in your code that looked familiar.

One thing I did notice in the console was that when I had Advanced Attachments enabled it loaded it's javascript files over and over and over again. I included an image showing the weirdness.

I disabled that plugin, it's not necessary to my forum but it would be really nice. And I did buy it just for this site.

I really appreciate any and all help with this, I understand this is a free plugin and you are giving me support. I did buy two addons for it and will be recommending this to people in the future. I would even be willing to make a donation to your company or buy the rest of the addons if we can get this working.

I can do conflict testing tomorrow (it is 4am here)- but it just strikes me as weird that there are no errors. 

EDIT: I see now that the advance attachment script names were just wrapping and I am tired so I didn't notice them. Woops, I guess that wasn't messing anything up. 

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Thank you for @gunarcom understanding!

We're also very interested in this issue. At first, I thought it was just a CSS conflict, but my guess was not confirmed. We've also checked it on all our test websites and don't face with such an issue. It would be very helpful for us if we find the problem maker one. 

(@gunarcom)

Eminent Member

Ok, I think it was actually the WPMUDEV dashboard that was messing up wpForo. I went through 112 plugins, removed anything and everything I wasn't using and removed the WPMUDEV dashboard last. I have been moving away from their plugins slowly and finally pulled the plug. I had already tried disabling it but it took DELETING THE FILES to get it to work. Ugh. 

I had literally given up hope after disabling EVERYTHING and switching to the default theme and having it still not work. So I am setup and working. I can't believe how long that took me. Probably 4 hours. 

Page 2 / 2