Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Add Emoticons on wpforo

14 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
 Lago
(@lago)

Good to hear it’s actually done! I look forward to its release next month.

Also, might I suggest a feature that I’d love to see if it isn’t already implemented to this plugin. I’d like to limit certain emotions based on Wordpress user roles. So I’d like emoticons that only admins, editors,  authors, contributors, etc. have access to that regular subscribers do not. This would be a great feature to see for this plugin! 

Lago
(@lago)

Just checking in again on the emoticons plugin as  February is almost over. Will it be released by the end of the month?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Lago,

Martin has already answered this question here:

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/wpforo-slow-developement/#post-23487

Lago
(@lago)

So judging by Martin's answer, we should expect a new update of WPforo and the emoticon plugin released in early March now?

Lago
(@lago)

I see that the newest version of WPforo has been released today.

According to Robert's answer, the emoticon plugin development was already done and was going to be released in a few weeks after his reply. Then according to Sofy, from what I could understand from Martin's reply, the plugin would be ready with the next major version of WPforo 1.6.0.

It is already March and I haven't been given any clear indication on when the emoticon plugin will be released. Is this an add-on that's still in development and if it is, when do you see it being released this month?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Yes, that's correct. It requirs 1.6.0 version release. Now we can prepare this addon to release. But I have no exact ETA. I'll update once I got news for you.

Lago
(@lago)

Hello again,

Just checking to see if there are any updates on the emoticon plugin since its March is almost over. Is there any firm ETA when it should be available to purchase?

Lago
(@lago)

Hi again,

I'm seeing if there's any progress with this emoticon plugin and when you'd see it being released this year? Any plans for the emoticon plugin being available for purchase before summer?

Thank you in advance.

Lago
(@lago)

Hi Robert

Typing in again since its been another month to see if there has been any movement on this emoticon plugin and its release date. Will it be released in July or August? Are you looking at a September release date? Please let me know as I am looking to launch a forum before Fall, but my users are expecting the same emoticon experience they have with our comments using your Wpdiscuz plugin.

Thank you.

Page 2 / 2