Clear all

[Closed] Admin not receiving new user email

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

I finally got wpForo install... Currently working through a few things.

I have it set to manually approve users when they register. Right now I am not getting the notification email alerting me to a new user so I know to take a look and approve/no approve.

I believe that I have the settings correct. Not sure what is going on here. Do I need to check something else in the email settings?

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @cotner,

New Registered User Emails are handled by WordPress, Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration option is for disabling the email option, but that option cannot enable the email functionality as it is not handled by wpForo.

First go to Dashboard > Settings > General, and check the email address set in Administration Email Address field. The current email address gets the new Reg User Emails.

And check this Post if you don't get New Reg User email: https://wpmailsmtp.com/wordpress-user-registration-email-not-sending/

Topic starter
(@cotner)
Estimable Member

The strange thing is that I am getting emails for everything else BUT the newly registered users. It was only when I switched to wpForo that I stopped getting new user emails.

It worked when I just used WordPress and bbPress, but for some reason it doesn't work now.

3 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@cotner This might sound silly and obvious, but also make sure those emails are not going to your spam folder. Perhaps there's some kind of string which triggers a spam filter.

Now sorry to take this post out of context and kind of hijack it a bit, but dude I love your quotation style with the rounded corners on your forum. Would you mind sharing the CSS you used to accomplish that?

Nice forum btw!

(@cotner)

Estimable Member

@realact 

Actually, I was surprised that is even working. It is something I did on my bbPress board and am surprised it moved over. I may tweak the colors a bit now that I have moved over to wpForo, I just have not had the chance.

Basically I set the background color with some transparency. So as more and more quotes happen, the color gets darker as they stack up on to each other.

Here is my code. Looks like I was originally tweaking the bbp Style Pack plugin.

/* bbp Style Pack QUOTE Fix */

.entry-content blockquote  {
padding: 10px !important; 
background-color: #f2b45217 !important; 
border-left: 3px solid #f2b452 !important; 
border-bottom: 1px solid #f2b452 !important; 
border-radius: 10px; font-style:normal !important;
}

.entry-content blockquote p, .d4p-bbt-quote-title {
font-size: 13px !important; 
color: #232323 !important
;font-style:normal !important;
}

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@cotner Thanks a lot of man, I'm going to try and see if it works on our forum. I appreciate you sharing it!