Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] After V2 upgrade, many things are not working.

20 Posts
3 Users
4 Reactions
JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Continuing...

I find that gVectors link is the proper link to this addon/plugin. They do not mention a version 3 anywhere on their site that I can see. However, they do state that wpForo v2 is required.

"This addon requires at least wpForo 2.0.0 version."

Ok - since I had previously paid for this addon, do I have to pay again to get the version that is compatible with wpForo v2?

I would imagine that this is a question that most such customers will have. I did a quick search in the forums to attempt to answer this on my own, but do not see it.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jeffjjones,

Please make sure your license keys are not expired. If they are still valid you should have gotten update notification in your Dashboard > Plugins admin page.

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Thanks Robert.

I have no update notifications in my Dashboard.

I went to the addon/gVector site, and logged into my account. It states that my licenses are good until 20-Aug-2022. I still have 16 days left. 

So, what do I do now?

Just for testing, I decided to see what would happen if I click on the "Activate" link for Advanced Attachments. Now my website is broken!!! 

The first line of the error message if I attempt to go to www.birdersdiary.com is :

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_wpf_option()"

Brilliant!

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Here is the entire error message...

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_wpf_option() in /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforoattach.php:171 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforoattach.php(165): wpForoAttachments->init_options() #1 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wpForoAttachments->init('') #2 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #3 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php(501): do_action('wpforo_after_in...') #5 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wpforo\wpforo->init(Object(WP)) #6 /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_ in /home/customer/www/birdersdiary.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforoattach.php on line 171

There has been a critical error on this website.

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Obviously, I am hoping you have a solution on how to fix this problem as my top priority now.

JeffJJones
Topic starter
(@jeffjjones)
Trusted Member

Update:

My site is functional again.

Using an FTP client, I renamed "wp-content/plugins/wpforo-advanced-attachments/wpforoattach.php" to "_wpforoattach.php" (placed underscore as first char) and now the site is functional.

Disaster averted!

Now looking for clear instructions on how to update to v3 of these plugins/addons. There is no option from the WP Dashboard, etc. for updating these plugins/addons and I have confirmed that they are still licensed.

Page 2 / 3