Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Ban user by email address

10 Posts
5 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

I am wondering if banning a user by email address is a function that is able to be done yet. I have some humans that are creating real accounts and posting company promo on my forum. These are not robots, but actual users. I see some old comments from 5 years ago this was a feature that was going to be added. Any update on this? Thank you

9 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Since login/register is handled by Wordpress, use this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ban-hammer/

(@ilkforum)

I have 2 moderators that help with the forum and I'm unable to find the options to allow them to ban members as they see violations?  What's the best way to do this?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ilkforum ,

We'll add an option on the forum front-end to ban users. This will be available for moderators as well. At the moment the only way is letting moderators access to Members list, this is not secure and should not be allowed.

(@ilkforum)

Ok, thank you very much Robert.  I appreciate your help.  I have one more quick question. What specific functions or addons do your stats show as the most used or successful based on purchases?  We're going through our site feedback emails and will spend time this week making improvements or purchasing additional plugins.

We went from another forum platform on Joomla to this, and want to make it the best that we can.  Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks Robert.

selsebil
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robert

We'll add an option on the forum front-end to ban users. This will be available for moderators as well. At the moment the only way is letting moderators access to Members list, this is not secure and should not be allowed.

I am also waiting for this update. It is very important feature. Thanks for support.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@selsebil,

The recent released versions were bug fixing and compatibility fixer versions, we don't add new features in such version. This will be added in near future releases for sure.

selsebil
(@selsebil)

Estimable Member
Page 1 / 2