Clear all

[Closed] Block User Option?

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@seancallahan)
Estimable Member

I've installed 2.0 and it is great, love the design, and the option to "Follow" users on the forum. Is there a way to enable to button for users to "block" and/or "mute" other users that post way to much are become unruly in a topic? If so, where can this be found/enabled? If not, when will this show up in the product roadmap? (I'd pay right now for it to improve the customer experience!!!)

8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@seancallahan,

The feature is in the to-do list. The work on the feature would start soon.

4 Replies
(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@chris Hi Chris, Any update around timing on this feature now that wpForo 2 is live?

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@seancallahan That option is already available in WPForo 2.X. Just go to the user's profile, and you will see the icons to Edit/Delete/Block etc. on the top right of the profile page.

Cheers!

(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@realact The only options I see are what is in the screen shot. I do not see a block button rather a ban option. What I'm looking for is a button for users to "block" and/or "mute" other users. For example, you're sick of someone posting the same thing so as a user you can block them to no longer see their posts on the forum. I don't see that feature in 2.0. Do you?

RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

@seancallahan Oh, you are looking for an option to "Ignore" someone rather than banning them, something that can be used by any forum member regardless of the role they have. I see now.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@seancallahan,

We are working on wpForo 2.x and updating it fixing bugs and other stuff, your suggestion hasn't lost it is just waiting for his time to be added in wpForo. 

2 Replies
(@seancallahan)

Estimable Member

@chris Hey Chris, Checking in here to see if there is any progress on allowing users to block other users in the forum. That way users won't see posts or @ messages from people they block. This feature is one that keeps being requested by users on my site. Thanks for your help!!

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @seancallahan,

It has been set with low priority. So I’m really sorry it’ll not be added in the near future.