4 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@yahoyaho)
Eminent Member

Hello

I have a question regarding cache.

My server is uploading files to S3 under "wp-content/uploads" folder and rewrite CNAME(cdn.mydomain.com/uploads)

All things seems fine but Wpforo. The community page is not that smooth during page transition.

So my question is,

1. What's role of cache folder under "wp-content/uploads/wpforo/cache"?

2. I knew that Wpforo save cache into DB, is there any difference between cache under folder and cache under DB?

3. Could you give some clue about workaround?

I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day! 🙂

Topic Tags
3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @yahoyaho

The community page is not that smooth during page transition.

What do you mean saying this?

Posted by: @yahoyaho

1. What's role of cache folder under "wp-content/uploads/wpforo/cache"?

2. I knew that Wpforo save cache into DB, is there any difference between cache under folder and cache under DB?

wpForo stores cache in file system. Only the user cache is stored in database, other caches are in wp-content/uploads/wpforo/cache/ directory. You can disable wpForo Cache in Forums > Settings > Features admin page for testing urpose.

Topic starter
(@yahoyaho)
Eminent Member

The community page is not that smooth during page transition.

What do you mean saying this?

When I navigate pages in /community(ex. post->forum list ->post), the page transition is not that smooth. I think it's because of cache problem or rewriting Uploads path to cdn.mydomain.com. Can I move cache folder under wp-content>cache instead of under uploads? Autoptimize does too. They store cache under wp-content>Cache folder. Thank you for your help again. I really appreciate it 🙂

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@yahoyaho,

That's not a cache issue. That's the moved CSS files to footer issue. We've fixed that in upcoming version. Please wait for a few days for the update. Please don't make any change in cache configuration.

You can leave the Autoptimize as is. but if you have other cache plugins, please exclude wpForo forum page from those caches. More info: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/