Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Can't Add Forum error.

12 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
PawelK
Topic starter
(@pawelk)
Eminent Member

I am getting an error that says "Can't Add Forum." It doesn't give me any other information that I can see. Can anybody help with the issue?

11 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@pawelk,

Please provide Forum URL, screenshots of the error and where you get, and also, please give more details, when and how you get it.

PawelK
Topic starter
(@pawelk)
Eminent Member

ZNienacka Forum – ZNienacka

Dashboard->Forums->Forums->Categories & Forums->Add new

Then I am adding new as usually and are getting the error message Can't add forum.

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@pawelk,

please provide admin access, need to check as an admin, send the credentials to info[at]gvectors.com email, mention this topic in the email, and let me know here that  you have sent the email.

PawelK
(@pawelk)

Eminent Member

@chris I did it. Thank you.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@pawelk,

We will check and let you know.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

HI @pawelk,

When you have updated wpForo to 2.x.x version, wpForo had structural changes in the Database, now you have downgraded wpForo to 1.x.x version and because of that wpForo's new 2.x.x Database structure doesn't work with old version.

So now if you have a backup of the DB, without the structural update to 2.x.x version, you can use that, and the problems would be fixed, if you don't have a 1.x.x structural backup, the only option is to update wpForo to last version(2.x.x) and also update wpForo addons to the last version, as the addons 2.x.x version doesn't work with wpForo 2.x.x, only 3.x.x version of the addons work with wpForo 2.x.x version.

5 Replies
PawelK
(@pawelk)

Eminent Member

@chris thank you, but it won't help as I didn't do downgrade to 1.9.9. I have restored whole forum and portal from the D-1 backup together with DB.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@pawelk Just enable Standard Wordpress DEBUG TO A LOG and see the errors.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @pawelk

@chris thank you, but it won't help as I didn't do downgrade to 1.9.9. I have restored whole forum and portal from the D-1 backup together with DB.

Here

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/i-lost-my-plugins/

you say wpForo 2.15, now you say 1.9.x. What is correct?

PawelK
(@pawelk)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis exactly what is written above. I did upgrade to 2.1.5 and then restored to 1.9.9 back. But I did restore, not downgraded as @chris has written.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@pawelk Ok, then Wordpress debug to a log will tell you what is wrong.

Or F12 browser console maybe.