[Solved] Can't Delete Members

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jasper)
Eminent Member

Hi

I was running a test today and found that I can't delete a member, although it's possible to deactivate one. If I go to my WP Admin page then 'wpForo' > 'Members' and try to delete a member from there, the admin page jumps to 'Users' > 'All Users', and it shows an error message; 

#wpForo

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

If I try to delete a member from the WP 'All Users' page, I receive the same message.

From the email I received telling me of the error (details copied below), there seems to be a conflict with Elementor/Pro.

Anyone got any ideas?

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 25 of the file /home/*******/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/utils/collection.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Elementor\Core\Utils\Collection::__construct(): Argument #1 ($items) must be of type array, null given, called in /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/core/database/query-builder.php on line 1070 and defined in /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/utils/collection.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /home/***/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/core/database/query-builder.php(1070): Elementor\Core\Utils\Collection->__construct()
#1 /home/***/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/core/database/model-query-builder.php(69): ElementorPro\Core\Database\Query_Builder->count()
#2 /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/notes/user/delete-user.php(48): ElementorPro\Core\Database\Model_Query_Builder->count()
#3 /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/notes/user/delete-user.php(19): ElementorPro\Modules\Notes\User\Delete_User->on_user_delete_form()
#4 /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): ElementorPro\Modules\Notes\User\Delete_User->ElementorPro\Modules\Notes\User\{closure}()
#5 /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#6 /home/****/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#7 /home/*******/domains/vital50plus.com/public_html/wp-admin/users.php(441): do_action()
#8 {main}
  thrown
5 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

I'll ask the developers and get back to you soon.

However, I'd also recommend that you contact Elementor/Pro support as well.

4 Replies
(@jasper)

Eminent Member

@sofy 

Great, thanks.

I've contacted them and tried Elementor 'Safe Mode' and deactivating all plugins except Elementor/Pro but there's no change.

(@jasper)

Eminent Member

As expected, Elementor were no help. As soon as they see that a third-party plugin is involved, they close the case!

The only way I can get it to work is by deactivating Elementor, deleting the member/user, then activating Elementor.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jasper,

Please note, wpForo uses WordPress functions for deleting users. In other words, user deletion is managed by WordPress. So this issue doesn't have any relation to the wpForo plugin. 

(@jasper)

Eminent Member

@sofy 

Okay, thanks.

I added a new user directly from WP Admin (i.e. not through wpForo membership) and I had the same problem. 
If I deactivate Elementor/Pro I can delete the user so it seems like the problem is with their plugin.

I'll get in touch with them again and let you know if they're any help (unlikely!).