Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Change Base URL in Version 2.X

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@hassancs91)

I want to change the base URL of the forum, and I can't find this option in the new plugin update. can you please help?

6 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@hassancs91

Dashboard > wpForo > Boards

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/forum-page/change-forum-page/

Topic starter
(@hassancs91)

Thanks, but I dont see the base URL option in this section. I want to change the domain not the slug

2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@hassancs91 Unclear what you want to do.

Move to a new domain? You can't change a DOMAIN just like that. I guess you want to do something else. Pls explain better.

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis 

I guess he wants to change the subdomain "archive" to community or similar

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member
Posted by: @hassancs91

I want to change the domain

you need to change the domain or subdomain at your hosting service

(@popmati)

Hello Hassan.

I faced the same issues on my site Shakeworldonline.com, after multiple tries and errors I was able to solve it.

To change the base URL, create a page on your WordPress, and name it forum then paste the wpforo shortcode [wpforo] on the page. If you don't name it forum you will face other challenges like page not found, when users want to view their profile.

Once you have created the page copy the page ID, Goto wpforo settings then scroll down to boards. click on it. then you can choose to create a new board or edit the existing one.

Then change the board slug to forum. also, change the page ID to the one you copied from the page you created. Then click save. Done!

If you want the whole WordPress site to be a forum. scroll down from the board page you create and choose Enable. the entire site will be a forum.