wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] communication between members

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The one year is not a limit for you. It only related to new version updates. For addon license we provide premium support and one year updates to all future releases. After one year you should renew your license to get product updates (there is no any subscriptions, you just need to buy the same product again if you want). However after one year you'll still be able to use the version you have for unlimited time even if license is expired. In most cases after one year the addon becomes very stable and there will not be often and critical updates so you'll be able use it for very long time without updating it.

1 Reply
(@studiografic31)

Eminent Member

Ok thanks.

Another question : We want the forum to be used like a mail.

Is it possible to notify every member as a new post is created ?

it is imperative for the group activity. For example, if one member ask for a particular jewel,

the community has to be notified.  how can we do this ?

As the admin I can't choose inscriptions for the members, why ? 

Also I'm afraid I am not receiving any email notification when a post or topic is created…

Have a nice day

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Is it possible to notify every member as a new post is created ? it is imperative for the group activity. For example, if one member ask for a particular jewel, the community has to be notified. how can we do this ?

It requires subscription to that forum by users. Users should use the Subscription Bar in their Profile > Subscription page and subscribe to all forums. This bar will be available for users after one topic or forum subscription confirmation via email.

All subscriptions can only be made by users. Admins cannot subscribe users to all topics and posts. This was prohibited by GDPR regulation.

As the admin I can't choose inscriptions for the members, why ?

I'm sorry I didn't follow you. What do you mean saying "inscriptions for the members"?

Also I'm afraid I am not receiving any email notification when a post or topic is created…

This issue is already fixed in next version. We'll release it very soon. if you need it solve urgently please follow to this instruction: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/new-topic-emails-and-custom-templates/#post-18551

Topic starter
(@studiografic31)
Eminent Member

OK I understand. I would have liked to subscribe for them. I 'll try to teach them.

When do you release new version ? because the instruction is a bit tough for me !

thanks anyway

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The next 1.5.2 version will be released within next few days.

Topic starter
(@studiografic31)
Eminent Member

Hello

I still have no email notification ? even when i try to reset password

other members don't have notifications either

How can i fix that ? thx

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: Studiografic31

Hello

I still have no email notification ? even when i try to reset password

other members don't have notifications either

How can i fix that ? thx

Please open  a new support topic. This topic title doesn't have any relation to your problem. Also provide details for each debugging point mentioned here in new topic.

This topic is closed.

Page 2 / 2