The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing (Article 18).
- Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
- When processing is restricted, you are permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
- An individual can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing.
- You have one calendar month to respond to a request.
- This right has close links to the right to rectification (Article 16) and the right to object (Article 21).
wpForo doesn’t have any feature that may users to automatically opt in to administrator emails such as those sent by the bulk email system often used for newsletters when registering a new account on your community.
However there is an option which makes opt-in checkbox to automatically subscribe to own topic. The option “Topic subscription option on post editor – checked/enabled” is located in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page. This option set checked (opt-in) by default the topic subscription checkbox in Topic Editor. We recommend keep it disabled according to user right to restrict processing.
wpForo allows to unsubscribe from any email notifications user have been subscribed before. There are three type of subscriptions in wpForo:
- Subscribe to Forum (get notified about all topics and posts)
- Subscribe to Individual Forum (get notified about new topics in this forum)
- Subscribe to Individual Topic (get notified about all replies in this topic)
All these subscriptions can be restricted by user whenever he/she wants using Unsubscribe button in emails, using the unsubscribe button in according forum and topic or using Unsubscribe button in My Profile > Subscriptions page. More information in wpForo documentation: