Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Create custom fields and geolocation

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@inhissteps)

Need to add two different custom fields options.

A. Add standard custom fields such as Date, time of day, temperature, weather conditions, etc. that user can manually fill out when doing a new topic post in fishing category.

Will the wpForo Topic Custom Field add-on accomplish what I need?

B. Also need the ability to have the following added after the above custom fields.

Need to add the ability to have the feature represented by the image, i.e.geolocation.
(The way this needs to work is that the member poster moves the pin on the map and the GPS coordinates are filled.)
When the new topic is submitted, the members of the forum need to be able to see all the custom fields and see the GPS coordinates.

4 Replies
(@dmitriyt)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @inhissteps

There is no such functionality in the standard build. You can order it from wpforo developers.

2 Replies
(@inhissteps)

@dmitriyt I understand Option B is not standard. Are you saying Option A, Custom fields in New Tooic Posts is not an option either, cannot use Topic Custom Field add-on for what I want?

(@dmitriyt)

Trusted Member
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

A. Add standard custom fields such as Date, time of day, temperature, weather conditions, etc. that user can manually fill out when doing a new topic post in fishing category.

Yes it will. The fields will be a regular text fields, for the date field you can sue [Date] field type.

B. Also need the ability to have the following added after the above custom fields.

Need to add the ability to have the feature represented by the image, i.e.geolocation.
(The way this needs to work is that the member poster moves the pin on the map and the GPS coordinates are filled.)
When the new topic is submitted, the members of the forum need to be able to see all the custom fields and see the GPS coordinates.

There is no such a field in the addon. You can contact the development team if you to request a quote: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/