Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Created forums without category

13 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@kathukat)

Hi,

I just installed this plugin and I didn't know what I was doing and I created two forums without parent categories and now I can't see them. My forum summary shows that I have 5 forums but I can only see three of them. Where do I find them? They are throwing errors that Google Search Console can find: https://kathukat.com/community/

But not I nor my subscribers can see them? I just want to delete them.. Please help.

12 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @kathukat,

You have two critical problems on the forum page. You should fix these two problems before looking for your forums.

1. The cache plugin called Hummingbird Performance kills the forum, please exclude forum page from this cache plugin asap. There should be way to exclude certain page with all subpages from a cache plugin, check all options of this plugin or contact the support team. You should exclude both:

• /community
  • /community/*

Here is the detailed explanation of this issue: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

2. You are using both sidebars, first is the wpForo one second is the page sidebar provided by your theme. You should not duplicate sidebars, wpForo sidebar can be removed if you drag the "Online members" widget from wpForo sidebar and put it to the page right sidebar, so the forum sidebar will be automatically removed once it becomes empty. Please read the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-sidebar-and-widgets/wpforo-sidebar/

3. Your forum page is under hard caching, so you'll never see any dynamic changes you do, you'll not see forums as well. So please follow the two points mentioned above and fix the problems. Also, please read the information displayed at the top of Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page. Make sure all forums have a parent category. Categories will not be displayed if they don't have child forums.

Topic starter
(@kathukat)

Hi @robert,

Thank you so much for this!

1. Okay so I added the /community as well as the /community/ strings and the URL exclusions now look like this on my Hummingbird page cache section:

wp-.*\.php
index\.php
xmlrpc\.php
sitemap[^\/.]*\.xml
https:\/\/kathukat.com\/community\/
https:\/\/kathukat.com\/community

2. I also removed the wpForo sidebar - I saw what I did there and I'm just shaking my head... I put the "online users" in my theme sidebar which works great.

3. I'm pretty sure I fixed everything, but please do check, I would appreciate it a lot. Then please also let me know where I can find those pesky parent-less forums.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@kathukat,

Ok, nice! All is fine with your forum. But the loading speed of all your website pages are affected by missing fonts. Your WordPress theme tries to load some font files and it cannot find them, You have dozens of 404 errors in browser console. You should contact your theme support and ask them help you to fix these errors:

(@kathukat)

@robert thank you! I installed the Hummingbird plugin to improve my page speed and now it seems it's just causing a lot of errors. I uninstalled it so maybe those errors are resolved now as well?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Apart from missing fonts, there are also other errors, Mixed Content, MIME errors,

The webmaster must press F12, see the console errors and fix them.

Also totally remove this "hummingbird" whatever plugin. It seems to be the cause of those.

7 Replies
(@kathukat)

@dimalifragis thanks for the input! I didn't know Hummingbird was so problematic? I uninstalled it now, can you see if it made a difference? I would never have known about any of these errors if you guys didn't tell me, so thanks a LOT!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @kathukat

@dimalifragis thanks for the input! I didn't know Hummingbird was so problematic? I uninstalled it now, can you see if it made a difference? I would never have known about any of these errors if you guys didn't tell me, so thanks a LOT!

I don't know if Hummingbird is probematic in general or not but aparently doesn't work will with your site.

Now i only see some font issue related to cloudflare you have. Use F12 to check them out.

(@kathukat)

@dimalifragis thanks! I could use F12, but I would have no idea what I'm looking at 🤣 thanks tho! I appreciate the feedback!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@kathukat You press F12 in your browser and look the console ONLY for errors. Not warnings or whatever.

(@kathukat)

@dimalifragis Only three errors at the moment - but I don't understand what they are 😑 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @kathukat

@dimalifragis Only three errors at the moment - but I don't understand what they are 😑 

Well those issues are not related to wpForo, so better ask your theme developer or at Wordpress.org ,as already @robert suggested.

Or your hosting company support. Or try to debug them yourself, disabling the plugins one by one, switch to default theme and in general follow Wordpress standard procedures.

Apparently you must invest some time for your site.

(@kathukat)