Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Custom Reset Password link no longer working after update to wpforo 1.4.1

17 Posts
6 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@lawrencelb)
Eminent Member

Hi team,

As the title describes, my reset password link no longer directs there despite having disable 'Replace WP Reset Password URL to Forum Reset Password Page' and having the actual link provided under Custom Authorization URLs.

This is a pretty big problem as none of my users are able to now reset their password as in addition to the above, the forum Reset Password page goes to a broken link and doesn't actually send the reset email. 

Please can you advise on fixing this. My website is www.tabletoptactics.tv

16 Replies
1 Reply
(@lawrencelb)

Eminent Member

Hi guys, I'm still waiting for a reply on this and it's been a few days now? As it's a fairly urgent, can I get someone to look into this?

many thanks,

Lawrence

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

At the moment the option mentioned in screenshot only affects reset password link in Email. We're adding Login form reset password link in this option too. Please wait for the next update, it comes very soon. And please explain where your "reset password" link is located. Do you mean the wpForo login page?

Topic starter
(@lawrencelb)
Eminent Member

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached a screen shot of my Wpforo Settings page, showing the Custom Authorization links that I have put into the fields. Unfortunately the 'Lost Password URL' no longer re-directs to the link I provide (despite the page being there, I haven't deleted it or anything) and instead goes to the WPforo forum reset password page.

The issue with this is two fold, firstly it doesn't match my website and direct to the page I'm providing the link for. Secondly (and more importantly) the Forum reset password email link doesn't work and returns to a server error page.

So currently, none of my website users are able to receive an email for their 'Lost Password'. Please can you advice on how to get the plugin to correctly redirect to my provided Custom Authorisation URL? 

Topic starter
(@lawrencelb)
Eminent Member

Hi Robert, 

This is still ongoing and I'm getting emails from unhappy users everyday around it. Have you had a chance to look at this yet?

Cheers,

Lawrence

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Something is wrong indeed with the lost password request. In my case IF wpforo is Active, the password request is blocked by The Shield plugin as a bot.

Page 1 / 3