Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Default install not displaying forums correctly

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@galos)
Trusted Member

Hello! I am new to wpForo and I have just installed the latest versions of wordpress and the wpforo plugin on Ubuntu, however, when I access the main website, it is incredibly small - almost like looking through a small window and it has a green background.  When I go to the settings in wpforo and select "Turn WordPress to wpForo", it does the complete opposite by not providing any margins on the left or right and stretches the forums to the widest size of the browser. In addition, I'm still seeing the green background from wordpress (which we have not published anything in and do not plan to).

I'm uploading two screenshots to display what I am seeing (actually I'm now realizing I can only upload one image. I'll upload the second image to the next post). Unfortunately I cannot publish a website for others to view as this is an internal server that does not have access to the internet. Did I miss a step when I installed wpforo to make it look as elegant as this forum, with proper margins and no wordpress backgrounds? This seems like a CSS issue, but not sure? I'm wondering if there's a more appropriate theme to select than the default? What theme does this wpforo forum use?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

Hi @galos,

wpForo is using Mirage Child Theme. I'm sorry, but we don't have a clean one to give you.

Topic starter
(@galos)
Trusted Member

uploading the second image - this is when I make wpForo the default wordpress site....

Topic starter
(@galos)
Trusted Member

I figured out this is definitely a theme issue. I love wpforo's theme that they use "Mirage" but unfortunately the author no longer posts their theme online. If anyone has an old cached copy they could share, please let me know. This format is exactly what we're looking for.

Thanks