Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Delete User | The Link You Followed Has Expired

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jg100)

I’m trying to delete Users that are spam registrations. When I try to delete the User, I get “The link you followed has expired” and can not delete the User. I do not get the attribute content window, it goes straight to confirm deletion, then the expired link message.

I am logged in as Administrator and have all the privileges checked to delete a user.

I created a new administrator user and tried to delete with same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@jg100,

This issue doesn't have any relation to wpForo. 

Please read this article, it should help you to solve the issue: 

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-link-you-followed-has-expired-error-in-wordpress/

I'd also suggest you read this FAQ, here is explained How to stop spam:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

Topic starter
(@jg100)

I read the WPbeginner article and had my web host increase the limits on the server, which did not work. The article refers to file size not users or members. My issue is with deleting members. I've tried clearing caches in Wordpress, clearing Caches in 3 different browsers, using private windows, deleting members from Forums/Members, deleting from WP Admin Dashboard/Users, creating a new Administrator User and nothing will allow me to delete members. 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jg100,

Could you please deactivate (just Deactivate NOT Uninstall) the wpForo plugin and try to delete the user? Let us know how it works. 

Topic starter
(@jg100)

I deactivated the wpForo plugin and still couldn't delete the users. I tried logging out of WP and then back in and couldn't delete. I've attached 2 screenshots. One shows when I select to delete the user, the window that comes next does not include the fields to attribute content from the user being deleted to a new user. The other screenshot simply shows the expired link message.

1 Reply
(@jg100)

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @jg100,

Posted by: @jg100

I deactivated the wpForo plugin and still couldn't delete the users.

Then this is not related to wpForo. I think something is wrong with your WordPress Nonces system. It maybe caused by some plugin which generates PHP errors. So I recommend disable all plugins and test it, if the issue is solved, enable those back one by one and find the problem maker. For further support you should open a new support topic in WordPress forum. This is not wpForo plugin issue and this has not any relation to wpForo.

Page 1 / 2