5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@amir_bani)
Eminent Member

I disabled the cache settings for users
And the cache plugin is also disabled on the forum page
But when the guest user publishes a post and I confirm, it will not be displayed and the page will have cache
Sometimes even the add topic button is hidden

I am sending a photo of Weston settings, which is disabled

Of course, users do not have this problem when logging in to the forum, and the topics are displayed live to them

And how to delete the guest user email field that does not need to enter email to send the post

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @amir_bani,

Posted by: @amir_bani

But when the guest user publishes a post and I confirm, it will not be displayed and the page will have cache
Sometimes even the add topic button is hidden

Please check this FAQ Topic, I guess your cache plugin is not fully excluded from wpForo:
https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/

Posted by: @amir_bani

And how to delete the guest user email field that does not need to enter email to send the post

The email and name fields are used for topic/post owner detection and correct information displaying purposes. Also, there are other essential dependence on post author name and email. There is no way to post a topic or reply without name and email. This is not a Blog comment system, this is a forum system and it has lots of permission functions based on post author data.

For the guest posting it's not necessary to insert a real email, it's only necessary to get subscription emails if someone replied to you. So they can put fake emails on posting. But there is no way to disable the Email filed.

2 Replies
(@amir_bani)

Eminent Member

@chris 

Thank you for your prompt response
The first problem was solved (thanks)

On our site, users need quick questions and answers, because email is mandatory, and the main reason is that most users do not have email and do not even know what email is.
For this reason, one item is not active in the forum

And deleting this item is amazing for us and makes users active in the forum

I wish you had the option that everyone needed to delete the email field

Because this one thing prevents the forum from progressing

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@amir_bani 

You should NOT disable built-in wpForo caching options.

You SHOULD disable CACHING plugins from caching wpForo, if you haven't already.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@amir_bani,

How I mentioned above

Posted by: @chris

There is no way to post a topic or reply without name and email. This is not a Blog comment system, this is a forum system and it has lots of permission functions based on post author data.

I would say how to do it if it was possible. I'm sorry, but I cannot help you with that.

You can create an admin note, and mention that your users can use fake emails, for example` random letters[at]gmail.com