wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Disable cyrillic slugs

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Arskrigicioniec
Topic starter
(@arskrigicioniec)
Eminent Member

I'm using Russian WP and wpForo generates cyrillic slugs when users create topics with Russian name. Like .../community/forum1/русское-название

Is there any way to disable this without other plugins? If no, are you planning to add this function? All Russian webmasters do not like cyrillic URLs due to %%%%/%% trash when they are copied 🙁

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @arskrigicioniec,

I see you. But as far as I know the cyrillic URLs is very good for Yandex and Google SEO. For example, the guys from wpForo.RU Community use cyrillic URLs and they are very satisfied with the SEO. They are on the first place in Yandex for all kind of searches if some result exists in their forum:

In any case, I'll pass your suggestion to our developers team, and we'll take this under consideration for sure.

Arskrigicioniec
Topic starter
(@arskrigicioniec)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, it's normal for SEO but it's not quite convenient for sharing links due to this: https://wpforo.ru/forums/%d0%bd%d0%be%d0%b2%d0%be%d1%81%d1%82%d0%b8-%d0%b8-o%d0%b1%d1%8a%d1%8f%d0%b2%d0%bb%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%8f/%d0%b2%d1%8b%d0%bf%d1%83%d1%89%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%be-%d0%be%d0%b1%d0%bd%d0%be%d0%b2%d0%bb%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b5-wpforo-1-6-5/

I hope there will be a function to disable it 🙂