6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hello.

Is there a way (a snipnet or something) for the admin to be informed each and every time a Forum profile is created or edited?

We have tones of registrations for profile purposes and i want to avoid it.

Thanks

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @dimalifragis,

Please read this article: 

https://learnwithdaniel.com/2019/07/wordpress-change-new-user-registration-admin-notification/

I'd also suggest you read this FAQ, here Robert is explained How to stop spam:  https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Well i don't have spam posts or anything. Just profiles in the forum, fake ones.

My question was if i can trigger an email for each forum profile edited.

Thanks

(@crisw)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dimalifragis

Well i don't have spam posts or anything. Just profiles in the forum, fake ones.

My question was if i can trigger an email for each forum profile edited.

Thanks

Hi @dimalifragis, You can also try this: 

1) Go to Forum Dashboard

2) Settings

3) Click the Features Tab

4) Scroll down and find:

Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration
If you have enabled this option, after registering, the admin will not receive an email notification for newly registered user.

5) Set to NO.

6) Scroll down at the bottom and click the Update Options.

I think doing this will send emails to you when a New User registers.  As far as the existing users who have registered on your forum, and have not posted anything yet, you can check each one and then just delete those who have not posted anything yet.  If they register again, then you will receive notification.  (That's what I do on my forums once I cross check IP addresses with known spammers).  Also, make sure you have your Anti-spam active.  woForo and Robert has documentation and tips on that in the link below.  

Fake registrations, will eventually post spam, and so it's good to guard the "door" to your site early.  🙂  

I agree with Sofy, all of us forum admins should read: 

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/how-to-stop-spam/

Good luck and God bless you! 🙂 

dimalifragis
Topic starter
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Thank you, but this not what i asked. I do not have spam, i posted that 2 times above.

What i have is around 200-300 fake accounts per day, filling their profiles. No spam, just profiles.

And checking each and every user or profile is out of question (for anyone i guess). Also profiles can be empty and then changed to whatever.

There are plugins that take care most of my problem (at registration level) BUT require multiple connections with external sources and that is not allowed by company policy.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @dimalifragis,

We have an option to enable/disable email sending when a new user is registered. Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page to check the "Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration" options. If you set it "NO", then each time when a new user is registered you'll receive an email.

I'm sorry, but we think this is doesn't make sense to send the email each time when a profile is editing.
Besides, there is a moderation option for new users that allow you to control a new user registration process. Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam > New Registered User section and check those options. See the screenshot below: