Clear all

[Solved] Embed Forum

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Hi there, I have read a few threads but have not been able to find my answer. Is it possible to embed a forum on a webpage so it is not a separate standalone link? I want to create a single page with videos, content and then at the bottom of the page, the forum. Is this possible?

Currently I have a button they have to click which then takes them to a seperate page with the forum.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @lisayoung,

Please check the wpForo shortcodes: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/forum-page/wpforo-shortcodes/

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Thank you for your reply Robert, but I am not sure what they mean or what one I am suppose to use. Can you please be more specific about which one I use and what it does?

Thanks

2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@lisayoung Well Robert did his best but to be honest you failed to help us fully understand what you want to do.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@lisayoung,

If you want to embed / display topics of a specific forum in specific page, you should find the forum ID in wpForo > Settings > Forums admin page, add it in the shortcode (replace 999 with the forum ID) and put it in the page you want:

[wpforo item="forum" id="999"]
Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Thank you! I couldn't get it to work as I have two forums, and the IDs are the same. I am going to just redirect them to a different page I think instead

Thanks for your help!